SOLD: Sold: 300B McChanson pEar Integrated AMP

SOLD

***Sold***

Item: 300B McChanson pEar Integrated SE Triode AMP
Price: $1350 (priced for quick sale)
Item Condition: 9.5/10
Reason for selling: Too MANY amps, need funds for a PHONO stage.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (+3%), COD
Extra Info: Sadly I must part with one of my Babies to fund a phono stage.

Build and Appearance:
This amp has been hand built by the amazing Eric McChanson, with all the parts being painstakingly pre-painted by me, then carefully assembled by Eric. Colour is a combination of Piano Gloss Black chassis, with Purple/Violet pearl faceplate and transformer covers.

All HIGH GLOSS 2 Pack finish.

Please note that the colour often looks BLUE on certain screens and indeed the camera phone I used took the photo as blue.

I can assure you its a blueish PURPLE/VIOLET.
It has LARGE Russian K75-10 (0.68uf) coupling caps, which sound absolutely beautiful.

CMC binding posts and nice firm quality RCA inputs, TEFLON tube sockets, Stepped volume control, 4 switchable inputs.

4 & 8 ohm speaker terminals.
Rectifier Tube: Mullard Reproduction GZ34

Driver tubes: Admiral 6EM7

Power Tubes: Genalex Gold Lion Reproduction.
Power: approx 8 Watts "smooth as silk" Triode Class A

Bias: Manual bias (will provide instructions on sale)
THE SOUND:

It's VERY SMOOTH, has good BASS, has very AIRY treble,  BEAUTIFUL vocal tonality, and deep soundstage (speaker dependent).

Recently, I tried some PsVane 300B tubes and it sounded even more detailed, however, Genalex are quite natural/neutral sounding.

NOTE...You must have 90 dB or better efficient speakers. I am using them with open baffle 93-94 dB Speakers.

Approx 1 year old.

I am happy to audition for serious buyers at my house in MELBOURNE.

I can post for approx $60 to most METRO areas.  I will pack it very well.

*Please note this amp has been advertised on another site so please be quick if you want it.

**This amp does not need any burn in period. That's been done! Just plug in warm up, sit back in your favorite chair and enjoy!

Thanks for watching.

I have put electrical disclaimer, even though Eric has been building amps for years, but may not conform to AS.

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

Pictures:

1stPIC.jpg

2ndPIC.jpg

3rdPIC.jpg

4thPIC.jpg

5thPIC.jpg

6thPIC.jpg

Edited by Paul-H
Payment received
  • Like 6

Thanks so much DMax. Yes is was a labour of love but well worth the end result. Sadly I need to let it go to fund some phono gear. I have 3 of Eric's amps so yes I went a bit crazy. Each one has its own unique sound.

• Like 1

Hi Mullet, 

This holographic sound depends alot on speakers, speaker placement, caps, cables, and room, all working in Synergy together. 

Having said that, yes on my system it is very holographic.

I have some of the YAMATO Japanese drummers songs and you can actually hear the sound of the SKIN on the drums when impacted. Flowing water, breaking glass sounds amazing with a deep soundstage. 

Also vocals are well separated and defined, eg female vocals sound AMAZING. (Typical of 300b tubes)

You are welcome to come have a listen since you are in Melbourne. Please message me if you wish to listen.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi Paul. 

Thanks for the invite.

I'm tempted to have a listen. But Pretty busy at that  moment.

Out of interest what other amps of Erics do you own. 

I spoke with Eric a couple of years ago and he is a lovely fella. Was tossing up whether to go for one of his or one of Earle Westons amps .

I went with  the later, in a KT 120 amp, which is a wonderful amp. However,  every time I hear a SET Amp,   I am mesmerized by the sound. I know that sound without even seeing the amp. It's like floating in the clouds.

I do have a pair of Wild Burro, Betsy full range drivers sitting around. Maybe they would make a good match to the 300B.

Hi Mullet,

Yes Eric has taught me alot and always has time for me.

He's Awesome :)

His amps are underpriced for what you get in my opinion!

The other 2 amps are:

5998/421A/6AS7 SE Triode.

Switchable between all these.

This one is NOT for sale.

This is the one in the photo attached.

The other one is a MarzE KT88/KT120/6L6 SE Triode. It can take any of these tubes, currently has KT88 tubes. This amp does resolve slightly more than pEar circuit. This will also be up FOR SALE SHORTLY!

Come over and you can listen to ALL THREE, no problem :)

IMG_20180430_222129893~2.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Paul. 
Thanks for the invite.
I'm tempted to have a listen. But Pretty busy at that  moment.
Out of interest what other amps of Erics do you own. 
I spoke with Eric a couple of years ago and he is a lovely fella. Was tossing up whether to go for one of his or one of Earle Westons amps .
I went with  the later, in a KT 120 amp, which is a wonderful amp. However,  every time I hear a SET Amp,   I am mesmerized by the sound. I know that sound without even seeing the amp. It's like floating in the clouds.
I do have a pair of Wild Burro, Betsy full range drivers sitting around. Maybe they would make a good match to the 300B.

I use Eric 6AS7 SET with a pair of 8 inch full range, I believe your full range will be a great match to the 300b. The vocal is mmmmmm, I will let you to hear it to believe it.