Sign in to follow this  
brenwa76

FS: SANSUI AU-5500 Amplifier (Price Drop)

Item: Sansui AU-5500
Price: $325
Item Condition: Good with signs of wear.
Reason for selling: NLR 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal + 2.6%, EFT
Extra Info: Lovely sounding vintage beast that seems to punch well beyond its rated power output of 38WPC. Works well, has been cleaned internally, some signs of surface corrosion around the RCA terminals. Has been used at least weekly for the last two years as a pre-amplifier with the SR Valve Amplifier also for sale.

Prefer local pick up, but happy to pack it up carefully for shipping if required.

Cheers

Pictures:

DSC01577.JPG

DSC01578.JPG

DSC01579.JPG

DSC01580.JPG

DSC01581.JPG

DSC01582.JPG

Edited by brenwa76
Price Drop

Great little amp that seems to deliver more than the spec'ed 38wpc, I use one in a second system with flac files and a cheapish DAC with good results. 

IMO one of the sexiest Sansui series and fairly trouble free components will last another 40 years 

Edited by Powerglide

Awesome, I'll send you a PM. Cheers

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jowls
      Item: Nintendo Switch Lite.
      Price: $250.
      Item Condition: As new.
      Reason for selling: No longer required.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal.
      Extra Info: Mint condition Nintendo Switch Lite. Limited edition Zacian & Zamazenta version.

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/nintendo-switch/217616-nintendo-switch-lite-zacian-zamazenta-edition-console

Used by my daughter for a few hours on a return flight to Europe. Comes as bought in box with charger. Also includes a Hori screen protector, protective bumper case and pouch.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Hori-Nintendo-Switch-Duraflexi-Protector/dp/B07W3QM1YR  

https://www.amazon.com.au/HORI-Slim-Tough-Pouch-Nintendo/dp/B07W5B5522

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Muzza71
      Item: Oehlbach XXL Black Connection Digital Cable 0.5m RRP $549.00
      Price: $170 plus Shipping 
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: Sold Streamer and now have an ifi Pro idsd all in one Preamp/Dac/Streamer
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Very nice digital cable with leather outer sheath and a good saving of RRP.
      In original Oehlbach case.

• By onairpic
      Item: Schwinn Mesa Frontier Mountain Bike (Blue) (Size: Center to Top 17 inches)-
      Price: $180
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (plus 3%), COD Only
      Extra Info:
      For sales is my Schwinn Mesa Frontier Blue Mountain Bike in very condition with some rusting and scratches.   I only used it mostly riding around the Sydney Olympic parks and on occasions at the NSW National Park Royal National Park bike tracks when my sons were younger. Thus, the bike have not been heavily used.  

Total Weight is approx 14KGs. Wheel size is about 26 inches.

I took as much picture as I can so that you can see the features as I am not familiar with the terms.  I also have the manuals if needed. Send me a message if you have any questions or want to see pictures of specific area.

This is for pick-up only so that you can inspect it and decide if you still want to take it.  

• By LunA
      Item: Ikea large shelve
      Price: free
      Item Condition: very good
      Reason for selling: not needed
      Payment Method: Pickup Only
      Extra Info: I have an Ikea shelve which is in perfect working condition and needs a new home. Great for use in kids room or in storage area.  I will dissemble before pick up.  Please contact if you are interested.

• By Rrobot
      Item: Sansui AU-X501 Integrated Amplifer
      Price: Sold
      Item Condition: Good
      Reason for selling: Funding new purchases
      Payment Method: Pickup only - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

I was recommended this model by a number of the incredibly helpful (and wise) Sansui gurus on SNA. I paired it with some usher s520 speakers which can be a bit clinical and are fairly inefficient - fantastic match - but it was equally happy driving some bigger Sony APM 3-ways. I’ve really loved the amp – heaps of power that belies the rated 80 watts and a very detailed, lively sound. It still seems to have some of that Sansui warmth, but more modern and transparent than the 1970s gear. Very nice phono stage with MM/MC switch. As prices of the earlier Sansui amps have gone through the roof in the past few years, this model appears a bit of a sleeper -  the smaller brother of the x701 and x901 which I think sold in Japan with the alpha prefix (Sansui nomenclature is not my strong suite though).

I haven't even had the lid off this one, because it all seems to work fine. I think it’s basically untouched under the hood. There’s no crackling I can recall with any of the buttons or knobs but given the age it probably could do with a deoxit. I’ve not checked the bias nor any of the capacitors to see if they’re in spec – again probably worth doing at some point for what’s now I guess a vintage amp. The main filter caps are Elna for Audio which should hint at decent quality components.

I’d conclude the condition is cosmetically pretty good for the age although certainly not mint – the black mirror painted aluminum face on these is hard to photograph as it just reflects everything, however the front is quite clean. I've tried to depict it as honestly as I can. Some of the black paint has worn in a thin line on the top edge that gets touched a lot – this seems like a common thing from other units I’ve seen on the web but I didn’t find it that noticeable and made no attempt to touch it up. The previous owner was kind enough to sand back and respray the lid with a satin black finish before handing  it to me and I think he’s done quite a decent job.

Finally this unit has some SNA provenance which I quite enjoy – I was browsing the site looking for other examples of the x501 and noticed that @Vortexjah had posted one for sale in 2013. Pretty sure I checked out his listing and the comments when I was considering buying mine. For some reason I was minded to cross-reference the serial number and bugger me if it isn’t the very same one! We worked out that it had gone from @Vortexjah in QLD to a guy in the NT, and then was purchased by a chap on a trip to the top end who brought back to Perth for a few years before he sold it to me about 18 months ago. It looks pretty much the same as it did 7 years ago! Be nice to keep it in the SNA community.