Sign in to follow this  
brenwa76

FS: SANSUI AU-5500 Amplifier (Price Drop)

Item: Sansui AU-5500
Price: $325
Item Condition: Good with signs of wear.
Reason for selling: NLR 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal + 2.6%, EFT
Extra Info: Lovely sounding vintage beast that seems to punch well beyond its rated power output of 38WPC. Works well, has been cleaned internally, some signs of surface corrosion around the RCA terminals. Has been used at least weekly for the last two years as a pre-amplifier with the SR Valve Amplifier also for sale.

Prefer local pick up, but happy to pack it up carefully for shipping if required.

Cheers

Pictures:

DSC01577.JPG

DSC01578.JPG

DSC01579.JPG

DSC01580.JPG

DSC01581.JPG

DSC01582.JPG

Edited by brenwa76
Price Drop

Great little amp that seems to deliver more than the spec'ed 38wpc, I use one in a second system with flac files and a cheapish DAC with good results. 

IMO one of the sexiest Sansui series and fairly trouble free components will last another 40 years 

Edited by Powerglide

Awesome, I'll send you a PM. Cheers

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TONYCH31
      Item: Maverick Audio Tubemagic D2 DAC
      Price: 250  200  Price drop
      Item Condition: Very good.
      Reason for selling: Upgraded to Chord Qutest
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
       A dedicated quality DAC based on AD1955 DAC chip paired with BurrBrown OPA 2604 OpAmp. 
       Upgraded with GE Tube.

The TubeMagic D2 comes with a vacuum tube pre-amp output stage in addition to the normal solid-state audio output.

Specs from the following link
      https://www.mav-audio.com/base/product/tubemagic_d2

https://headfonics.com/2013/09/the-tubemagic-d2-dac-by-maverick-audio/ 

Can post to interstate at buyers expense (normally will cost from $15 - $20 based on its weight).

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By statman
      Item:  2 x LSR4312 15" Subs, 2 x LSR4326P monitors.
      Price: $1000 decreasing $200 per week till sold. 
      Item Condition: Good
      Reason for selling: Not needed.
      Extra Info:  These were state of the art in studio monitoring some years ago. Fully active system with 6 inbuilt Class AB amps. Has all sorts of analog and digital inputs , RMC room bass equalisation , can be CAT5 networked to be controlled simultaneously .
      In "flat" mode they are true studio monitors, very accurate and detailed, but with a bit of inbuilt EQ they  sound very nice and very dynamic . Great sound-staging and imaging , excellent bass from the 2 x 15" active subs. 
      Just add a good tube preamp and they sound REALLY GOOD . List price new was around $6000. Comes with manuals and all cables . 
      A few negatives though- JBL put a protective film on front of speakers and it goes sticky over time. Its been removed, but some discoloration of the front panels has occurred.  One of the 4326P monitors has less output than the other. Fortunately they have independent level controls and adjustment can be made for equal level. It's about 5dB difference, but adjusted they sound perfect. I believe JBL have a pretty good service if buyer wanted to have fixed, but they work great as is. 
      I've had them running for a few days as they were in storage, and no problem, but sold as is. 
      Do your research on web - JBL LSR4312 and JBL LSR4326P - they have a good reputation for studio use, and maybe not appreciated for stereo, but they do sound excellent with a good preamp.  Keep an eye on them and the date, you could get a real bargain, must be sold. 

• By Galactic Soap
      Item: 64 Ears U18T
      Price: $3K + Fees + Shipping 
      Item Condition: 9/10 - MINT
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info:

I don't think I've seen a pair of U18T's for sale on Stereonet and for good reason. Just over a year old and purchased from Minidisc in mint condition. I've only used one pair of tips as per the picture. 

I didn't expect to purchase the U18T's I fully expected to walk away with either a pair of Empire Ear Legend X's or Tia Fourte's. Feeling a little dismayed at the Legend X's over the top bass (Í'm a bass head who loves his House and Techno but even I thought they were a bit over the top), and the Fourte's tipped up/hot treble which I found fatiguing within 5 minutes.

I auditioned the U18T's as a bit of an after-thought, thinking I'd hear them purely for the sake of completeness. I expected them to be linear, transparent and that's about it. Well. Yes, they are all of those things...and more. The U18T's are incredibly musical and within 2 minutes I turned to Wing grinning from ear to ear. Since then I've been floored by the sound-stage, resolution and musicality. Incredibly resolving but never analytical, bombastic, beautifully defined bass. They really are the real deal.

The only reason I'm selling them is because I have access to my own office since opening up my own business where I've gone rather over the top and put in place a desktop system with enough power to drive my Abyss TC's as per the picture below. Other wise nothing I've heard in the IEM space comes close to my tastes. 

Lastly I'll include the stock 64 ears cable (which is okay at best) as well as an ALO reference 8 3.5mm to 2pin which I found a material improvement. 

• By rayone
      Item: Sony IER-Z1R
      Price: $1490
      Item Condition: Like new
      Reason for selling: No longer wanted
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info: Bought 13th Jan 2020, arrived 17th so not even 3 weeks old, about 6hrs use all up… they sound awesome, but I forgot I dislike IEM comfort. I have only touched 1 pair of the many ear tips.

Photos: 

• By Gremrock
      Item: Pair -  Hawthorne Audio Bass Drivers (15")
      Price: $700 + Postage
      Item Condition: Brand New
      Reason for selling: Change of Plans, 2nd pair is surplus
      Extra Info:

I was building a pair originally with a pair of Agues and 1 coaxial driver, I have since found some AMT Drivers, which replace only the tweeter component of the coaxial, which means fitting all 4 drivers will result in the speakers being 6ft + which is a bit gargantuan. (Read. Not Approved By Management). 

I'd planned on just keeping them as spares, but it's unlikely (hopefully) that they'll ever fail, and the money could be better spent on other materials for the build if someone can make use of these.

Darrell Hawthorne still has about 3 pairs left for sale (last I checked anyway) but is selling them for $235 USD each and it will cost you $224USD to get here which totals $1029.56 at the moment. (I Paid around $950 I think as the exchange rate was a tad better months ago, but not by much).

Not negotiable on price as this is already a 25% hit on what I paid. If nobody shows interest at this price I'll just put them in storage incase I ever need them. 
      These are the best open baffle bass drivers you'll find, with heavier cast frames than the rest of the Eminence range that Pure Audio Project use (Or did use when I looked into them at least)

Packed away currently so really only have this photo, but if anyone needs to see more to make purchase I can always get them out again..

Cheers