4K titles from Amazon before July 1

Hi All,

Before Amazon starts to redirect Australian purchasers to their .au site on July 1, I thought I'd buy some 4K discs:

The Fifth Element

Gladiator

Braveheart

Saving Private Ryan

Fury

Red

Red 2

Before I order, does anyone know if these are going to be released here anytime soon?  Are there any other good 4K titles that we don't get?

Thanks!

JB

21 minutes ago, JB_2016 said:

Hi All,

Before Amazon starts to redirect Australian purchasers to their .au site on July 1, I thought I'd buy some 4K discs:

The Fifth Element

Gladiator

Braveheart

Saving Private Ryan

Fury

Red

Red 2

Before I order, does anyone know if these are going to be released here anytime soon?  Are there any other good 4K titles that we don't get?

Thanks!

JB

Gladiator is due 15 Aug - pre-order is up at Sanity.

Seriously. Unless you are desperate for any particular title, I pretty much buy everything from JB when they have a 20% off sale or even better "buy one ,get one free".

Last week I bought "3 Billboards", "Darkest hour", "Shape of Water " & "Murder on the O Xpress" for $70. 

5th Element 4k cost me ~$A15 on sale @ JB.

Just did a quick amazon check, and as an individual purchase 5E is $A37 delivered. 

Edited by IMDave
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, IMDave said:

Seriously. Unless you are desperate for any particular title, I pretty much buy everything from JB when they have a 20% off sale or even better "buy one ,get one free".

Last week I bought "3 Billboards", "Darkest hour", "Shape of Water " & "Murder on the O Xpress" for $70. 

5th Element 4k cost me ~$A15 on sale @ JB.

Just did a quick amazon check, and as an individual purchase 5E is $A37 delivered. 

Yes, as do I.  However, that fifth element is only the old bluray version, not 4K. It's been out in the US for quite a while now and no sign of it getting here.  The review is pretty good:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Fifth-Element-4K-Blu-ray/171526/

Cheers

36 minutes ago, JB_2016 said:

Yes, as do I.  However, that fifth element is only the old bluray version, not 4K. It's been out in the US for quite a while now and no sign of it getting here.  The review is pretty good:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Fifth-Element-4K-Blu-ray/171526/

Cheers

Apologies you're correct. My copy of 5E is actually from the US. I got that completely wrong. 

PS Hacksaw Ridge is reference. Sound and vision. 

Edited by IMDave

So many available outside of Australia that aren't available here... Too many to list. But here are a few from memory:

Hacksaw Ridge

Ghost in the shell / Innocence (Japan)

The Professional

Fifth Element

Valerian

Fury

Saving Private Ryan

Hitman

The three Divergent movies

Kick Ass

Sicario

Hell or High Water

In the Heart of the Sea

Snitch

Miss Peregrines

Hidden figures

The Post

Red

Red 2

3:10 to Yuma

Cabin in the Woods

Hurricane Heist

Oh yeah, and

Zero Dark Thirty

Ex Machina

Lone Survivor

Starship Troopers (and Traitor of Mars)

Incredible Hulk

Source Code

Dredd

Push

Knowing

Logan Lucky

Last Witchhunter

So many of these it'd kill me not to have in UHD...

Edited by Mobe1969
  • Thanks 1

@Mobe1969

this is a good list to maintain.

sicario is another... what a movie not to get here on uhd !

also not available i believe is the martian extended editiion

arrival ?

also many titles we get are watered down 

eg planet earth and blue planet both we get the local edition with not all content

jurassic park box set we dont get all the movies in the set as they do overseas and yet pay more ! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, :) al said:

@Mobe1969

this is a good list to maintain.

sicario is another... what a movie not to get here on uhd !

also not available i believe is the martian extended editiion

arrival ?

also many titles we get are watered down 

eg planet earth and blue planet both we get the local edition with not all content

jurassic park box set we dont get all the movies in the set as they do overseas and yet pay more ! 

Not having Sicario UHD in your collection would be a travesty!

Not having a lot of them I listed would be a personal tragedy!

Yes, the Martian Extended! JB mentioned it earlier.

I thought The Arrival eventually got a release here. ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

thought The Arrival eventually got a release here. ?

a personal favourite of mine. cant seem to find on jb hifi site. so dont know ! 

not sure what else we will miss out on in the future.... I suspect my recent round of orders through amazon will be the last...

46 minutes ago, :) al said:

a personal favourite of mine. cant seem to find on jb hifi site. so dont know ! 

not sure what else we will miss out on in the future.... I suspect my recent round of orders through amazon will be the last...

Hmm, you are right. Oddly Arrival was one of those that looked like a really delayed release, so about 9 months after the blu ray, and it was showing on JB Stack siite on the upcoming releases database (https://stack.com.au/australian-release-dates-movies-tv/?sf=result), but I guess it never actually happened. I remember people complaining about the delayed release somewhere else.

• Like 1

Ah gee I watched Saving Private Ryan UHD last night. I can't believe I have both a room setup and the media to enjoy this better than when I saw it on release in the cinema. I am feeling so overwhelmed with what I have now, after working and planning all these years. Technology is in a near perfect place. And 4k REC2020 and Atmos media on UHD.

And no local release.

More for the list:

Watchmen

Enders Game

Pan

Lincoln Lawyer

Point Break

Risen

Fantastic four (for what that's worth!)

Peanuts Movie

Warm Bodies

Exodus