In my case it was simply utilising a :dead" phone - the screen is smashed and the case is coming apart and can't be fixed.  Thus, It'll never be used as a "phone".  Thus, I thought I'd see how to best utilise it as a streaming device for Spotify.  Sounds pretty damn good via the DAC in my Denon DCD3000, has a stable ethernet connection, can be left on, charged, and tucked out of sight......

2 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

If only you guys had an iPhone 4 or 5,  beats that dongle with a dac for the 7

Would prefer an inbuilt DAC but the boss bought me an iPhone 7 without one... the dongle sounds ok even if it is a bit of a pain.

Regards,

SS

1 hour ago, Sub Sonic said:

Would prefer an inbuilt DAC but the boss bought me an iPhone 7 without one... the dongle sounds ok even if it is a bit of a pain.

Regards,

SS

A Dragonfly red on an Apple “camera connector” sounds great....

see my top pic

has added usefulness as a portable unit, so I use it a lot on planes with my iPad for music.....

Edited by Mat-with-one-t

6 hours ago, Mat-with-one-t said:

A Dragonfly red on an Apple “camera connector” sounds great....

see my top pic

has added usefulness as a portable unit, so I use it a lot on planes with my iPad for music.....

Funny you say that, I only recently inherited an Apple camera adapter, which should be good to use with my Resonessence Herus DAC 🙂

Cheers,

SS

1 hour ago, Sub Sonic said:

Funny you say that, I only recently inherited an Apple camera adapter, which should be good to use with my Resonessence Herus DAC 🙂

Cheers,

SS

Certainly! Also suggest going via a jitterbug or similar filter, and a proper USB>spdif converter.  I got a Gustard u10 off the forums here for $20 I think.....