Sign in to follow this  
Tim O'Connor

VAF i91 mk1 vs mk2

Hi again :) 

I can get an i91 mk1 for a good price - was considering getting that and mating with some mk2's.  What is the difference between the Mk1 and Mk2 i91s?

Hi Tim, sorry I missed your post. MKII I-91's have an updated driver with an open voice coil assembly, there's a few reasons for this but I wont bore you with the details. There is also a new cross over design on the MKII, so the sound is more open and imaging is better.

If you can pick one up for not a lot of money then I'd say do so - just do the normal checks as you would buying any 2nd hand products. 

From a support view point, we can fit the newer driver and even new cross over if you ever need to - happy to discuss if you have more questions. 

Cheers for now

Simon

1 hour ago, VAF said:

From a support view point, we can fit the newer driver and even new cross over if you ever need to - happy to discuss if you have more questions. 

Top stuff @VAF 👍

On 29/05/2018 at 10:40 AM, VAF said:

Hi Tim, sorry I missed your post. MKII I-91's have an updated driver with an open voice coil assembly, there's a few reasons for this but I wont bore you with the details. There is also a new cross over design on the MKII, so the sound is more open and imaging is better.

If you can pick one up for not a lot of money then I'd say do so - just do the normal checks as you would buying any 2nd hand products. 

Cheers for now

Simon

Many thanks Simon - should be getting the speaker delivered next week. Should be fun :)

Sounds good Tim, (no pun intended) let me know if you have any questions. or doubts when it arrives. 

Cheers,

Simon