Johnny_Boy

Man in a van theatre system

After hearing about so called speaker salesman driving around in vans, it finally happened to me in Wanneroo WA. 

Got it out of my car and a van pulls up offering me a theatre system. I said no, but now kicking myself as I should had had a look at the gear. Haha

crazy lol 

the smart man in van would setup a basic 5.1 setup in the van... let people have a listen, blow average joe bro off their chair and sell them some speakers...

just not entrepreneurial enough these man in van guys...

yep has happened to me in a bunnings car park guy pulls up can see boxes of stuff in back of van. poor guy... probably had to buy the lot and hoping to make a living....  said thank you no and kept going ...

Guest Sime

Lol, i thought this thread was about me 🤪

21 hours ago, Sime said:

Lol, i thought this thread was about me 🤪

Maybe you need to take your decked out caravan to Bunnings; park it right next to the sausage sizzle and pump up the music.

On 26/05/2018 at 4:19 PM, Johnny_Boy said:

After hearing about so called speaker salesman driving around in vans, it finally happened to me in Wanneroo WA. 

Got it out of my car and a van pulls up offering me a theatre system. I said no, but now kicking myself as I should had had a look at the gear. Haha

crazy lol 

Don't fear, this guys got one he's not using!

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cadell/stereo-systems/home-theatre-surround-sound-systm/1134067159?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

On 27/05/2018 at 10:27 PM, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

LOL wow, they even stung him a receiver...

On 26/05/2018 at 4:25 PM, :) al said:

the smart man in van would setup a basic 5.1 setup in the van... let people have a listen, blow average joe bro off their chair and sell them some speakers...

yep has happened to me in a bunnings car park guy pulls up can see boxes of stuff in back of van. poor guy... probably had to buy the lot and hoping to make a living....  said thank you no and kept going ...

My only experience was in a Bunnings car park up here.

On 26/05/2018 at 4:19 PM, Johnny_Boy said:

crazy lol 

Ah man, I would love to have this happen.

Seems to be a common Gumtree thing these days. Always seems to be someone who has never opened the system, and they are moving so need to get rid of them.

Interesting, the font they used on the "Perilous Audiolab" system is a very similar font to Audiolab's. Very sneaky.

hahaha, got a txt message tonight about some Sony speakers i'm flogging off cheap on Gumtree. They are 4 ohm speakers, so I asked him what amp he was going to drive them with. Reply came back "Rothdale RA-380"........

@bob_m_54 That's scary!

Even more so after googling that amp, and some guy has had one of the systems for 2 months and used once, and selling.

But asking $2000 :o That was 2010, and no bites, I wonder why :lol:

I told him he was better off saving his money, and buying a known brand receiver and speakers. So I'm still stuck with these [email protected]@dy speakers... LOL

1 hour ago, bob_m_54 said:

I told him he was better off saving his money, and buying a known brand receiver and speakers. So I'm still stuck with these [email protected]@dy speakers... LOL

A man with a conscience, nice to see 

On 26/05/2018 at 4:25 PM, :) al said:

that's actually a very good idea with the fancy Van set up. You could be in for making big bucks if you decide to do this - you'll be up there with the guy trying to revive blockbuster video rentals!!!