Phil Emmanuel - RIP.

Guest glakey

Guest glakey

I was telling a mate over lunch today about when we went to see him and Tommy at the Terminus in Geelong and how I preferred Phil to Tommy as a guitar player.........

Edited by glakey

Very sad news. I used to go and watch Tommy, Phil and a drummer called David  Jones around the traps in Sydney a long time ago. Many enjoyable nights. RIP Phil. 

Spoke to the ex, she has some tapes she made when Tommy and Phil used to tear it up together back in the eighties. Gonna digitise them for her, for posterity. I only saw him play once, back in the nineties, at the Pine Inn on Parramatta rd. God that place was a dive, prolly still is.

23 hours ago, Dave O))) said:

Spoke to the ex, she has some tapes she made when Tommy and Phil used to tear it up together back in the eighties. Gonna digitise them for her, for posterity. I only saw him play once, back in the nineties, at the Pine Inn on Parramatta rd. God that place was a dive, prolly still is.

The best pub music always comes out of the grottiest dives....

• Like 2

I was most fortunate to see Phil just last year at the German Club here in Adelaide. This was a special concert featuring the music of The Shadows, and Dire Straits. Great backing band, and Phil was able to make the Shadows hits sound even better - they were an early influence on him. I also now realise why you don’t here too many Dire Straits tribute bands - too hard to emulate the great Mark Knopfler - but Phil could do it - great concert - great electric guitarist - RIP Phil Emmanuel. 

Edited by Desap