Solo: A Star Wars Story

Saw this on the plane yesterday and thought it was pretty good. Gave 4/5 stars.

Midnight Oil 1984 doc gave 5/5 as I did Deadpool2 5/5. Sadly the return leg later next week are same bloody new release films! Wife reckons Oceans 8 was great - Boo I say!

49 minutes ago, Tony ray said:

That's not nice. Do you have any links? How could they stuff up a bluray.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Solo-A-Star-Wars-Story-4K-Blu-ray/205706/#Review

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/187-official-avs-foruma-blu-ray-disc-reviews/3003246-solo-star-wars-story-ultra-hd-blu-ray-review.html

? Hard to imagine on such a high profile release, but from memory, it was a bit of a dull presentation at the theatre and it would appear that Disney typically "pedal back" with the audio.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/09/2018 at 10:50 PM, rodders3 said:

Saw this on the plane yesterday and thought it was pretty good. Gave 4/5 stars.

Midnight Oil 1984 doc gave 5/5 as I did Deadpool2 5/5. Sadly the return leg later next week are same bloody new release films! Wife reckons Oceans 8 was great - Boo I say!

Watch Solo on the plane this holiday and it is full frame 16:9 which opens up the black bars. Hope there is a chance to get this open matte version in the later day. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The movie as entertainment was OK, but technically it looked flat and drab.

I bought the 3D version and in all honesty I thought there was something wrong with the disc, so I checked it against the standard Bluray and it was just the same......AVOID the 3D version if thinking about getting it, it's one of the worse looking 3D discs around, because the film looks so flat the 3D effect is minimal....pity.

6 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

The movie as entertainment was OK, but technically it looked flat and drab.

I bought the 3D version and in all honesty I thought there was something wrong with the disc, so I checked it against the standard Bluray and it was just the same......AVOID the 3D version if thinking about getting it, it's one of the worse looking 3D discs around, because the film looks so flat the 3D effect is minimal....pity.

I own about 100 3D films and no 3D tv anymore ?

On 06/12/2018 at 5:15 PM, Sime V2 said:

I own about 100 3D films and no 3D tv anymore ?

Pity Sime, some of the latest ones have been really good........Welcome back by the way :)

Fantastic Beasts being one of the best.

Edited by Tweaky

55 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

Pity Sime, some of the latest ones have been really good........Welcome back by the way :)

Fantastic Beasts being one of the best.

thanks goodness projectors have remained with 3D capability is all can say ! we have indeed had quite a few great 3D releases... so not something id want to give away too soon !