Cul8r

What is reasonable in quality and price XLR cable?

My view is that if you make a difference in cable, it's not the "right" amplifier, it must have some "thing" that makes it sensitive.

Just like early CD players, they were too good so the manufacturer got to make them feel, people could not hear the difference.

Krell 300W was not good with bad cable.
Crown slipped into which cable was used.
That said the only time I heard a difference in Cables.

53 minutes ago, scumbag said:

Sh*t, here we go again. This is why I hate contributing to SNA discussions. Some engineer / objectivist comes along and starts preaching their religion.

Gee, you must be a lot of fun in a social situation where others have a differing view on common topics such as sport, politics, social change etc. Either agree with your position or shut up. How wonderfully tolerant you are.

When someone makes a claim on a subject and I find it dubious, it's reasonable to ask for evidence (in person or online), especially in this case as you're telling other members to spend money on cables that are unlikely to have any benefit and funds could be spent elsewhere to better advantage. Power cables were also not the topic of the thread. I've also seen a few power products that would not meet relevant standards in terms of safety; that may not be important to you though, after all it is someone elses life or property at risk and not yours.

The religion comment made me laugh, as I seem to have upset your religious viewpoint. After all, you are the one expecting people to have faith in your pronouncements with little to nothing to back them up. I prefer evidence.

Posted (edited)

Oops. Double post.

Edited by A9X

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 13000km said:
My view is that if you make a difference in cable, it's not the "right" amplifier, it must have some "thing" that makes it sensitive.

Just like early CD players, they were too good so the manufacturer got to make them feel, people could not hear the difference.

Krell 300W was not good with bad cable.
Crown slipped into which cable was used.
That said the only time I heard a difference in Cables.

I have what’s called selective hearing,  can’t hear the difference in expensive/economic cables,  I can’t tell the difference sighted so what hope do I have blindfolded.....I really think my hearing is really Shcitt!  😫

Edited by Addicted to music

This with hifi is not easy to "view", as I said before, I was amazed at Krell's cable problem and this surprise has not gone over.

Happy that I do not have amplifiers that are so sensitive.

Hearing that there are hifi people here up to 23000 Hz, it's only 13000Hz more than I and that's fine in this context. / 13000km.

One thing that's top here is that every time I switch amplifiers it sounds better
(How good can music really sound ??)
It's this phenomenon that made me not get rid of any amplifier in the right many years.
  Yes one
860961569_152.jpg.f909510bc8579da924c38c76cf961b81.jpg, just because it was broken when I got it, did not it cost the nonsense with its incredible powers !!!?

On 07/06/2018 at 11:08 PM, Plattenspieler said:

20m Sommer Carbokab waiting for a job tomorrow;

20180607_225042-800x450.jpg.21bb81b8d111a2c6515bc22e081549d0.jpg

I've used the summer cable carbokab brand custom made to lengths by disgncable in the UK which can buy in any lengths via their ebay shop. I can contend these are high quality using quality gold neutriks and both shipping and response time and workmanship to put together for you even in odd lengths is beyond reproach :)

have bought a few times from the guys :)

14 minutes ago, :) al said:

I've used the summer cable carbokab brand custom made to lengths by disgncable in the UK which can buy in any lengths via their ebay shop. I can contend these are high quality using quality gold neutriks and both shipping and response time and workmanship to put together for you even in odd lengths is beyond reproach :)

have bought a few times from the guys :)

Agreed +1