Snoopy8

Discussion: NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES VS CUSTOM IN EAR MONITORS FOR TRAVELLING

I think Sony 1000xm3 is great to use on flights but not for other parts of the travel trip. If you go around or using public transport or riding, a good IEM with good tips is enough. I also highly recommend the Flare isolate for the people who want to sleep on the flights because I couldn't sleep with the 1000xm3 or any IEM on/in my ears. 

I just travelled 4 flights in total with the Sony 1000xm3. Personal verdict is that they are fantastic for flights, I couldn't hear the engine noise but the cabin crew voices still came through. Compared the noise cancelling to the business class supplied noise cancelling headphones and it was far superior. I fell asleep wearing the Sony's, comfortable enough but did have sweaty ears!

Sound quality is good enough I think... Not super high-end but considering the noise cancelling, 30hour battery and comfort on my head I will not travel without them.

5 hours ago, Mr Goldmund said:

I just travelled 4 flights in total with the Sony 1000xm3. Personal verdict is that they are fantastic for flights, I couldn't hear the engine noise but the cabin crew voices still came through. Compared the noise cancelling to the business class supplied noise cancelling headphones and it was far superior. I fell asleep wearing the Sony's, comfortable enough but did have sweaty ears!

Sound quality is good enough I think... Not super high-end but considering the noise cancelling, 30hour battery and comfort on my head I will not travel without them.

My son has a pair, they are definitely not high end headphone, but the noise cancelling is as good if not better than the Bose and better it in the  playing field.  Every time my daughter uses them she's complaining that its just not as they should be and makes the comment that its a cheap sounding headphones in which they are, but for noise cancelling there excellent and according to my son is better built than the Bose.  If you want better sound stick to the Sennheiser Momentums