SOLD: Superb Triangle Antal EX Loudspeakers

SOLD

Item: Triangle Antal EX
Price: 1950 ONO
Item Condition: Excellent!
Reason for selling: Smaller home/less room/time for a change
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

For sale are my treasured Triangle Antal EX speakers. They are terrific with both valve amps and solid state, I've used everything from 30W to 180W! The TRI TRV88SE valve amp really performed brilliantly with them. We now live in a smaller home with a much smaller lounge (12' x 12') and while they still sound great here, they are not quite as free sounding as they were in the old room which was more like 15' x 20'. 
 Part of the Esprit series, The Antals are efficient, around 90dB for 1W input, and easy to drive, I've even run them with a 15W Sonic Impact battery powered amp during a power blackout and they STILL sounded good!
 In beautiful condition, they sound as good as the day I received them a few years ago, they were in storage in their original boxes for some months as well.
They are alive and focused with bass definition that Noel Keywood from HiFi World magazine was astonished to find outclassed some B&W loudspeakers at ten times the price. Big sound. They just communicate effortlessly. I am currently running them with a home-built amp that is surprising me with it's fluid and easy flow. Bass is luscious and fluent when called for. They are excellent with movies too!
I've loved them greatly but it's time for a change and something a bit smaller. The Antals are fairly tall at 1.1M, have very stable metal bases and can be used with either rubber feet for wooden floors, or spikes with carpeted floors, all of which are supplied as standard, as are the packing cartons.

The Antals retailed for $3700 and the latest versions are $4199 at Len Wallis Audio. For speakers of this quality, the $1950 I'm asking is a really good buy! I use them with 2M lengths of the stunning Slinkylinks pure silver cables and the quality of reproduction is quite something.
The wood veneer is unmarked bar one very very tiny, barely worth mentioning indent on a rear edge and we're talking maybe 1/10 mm here! No scratches on the bases. 99% as new. All accessories are with them and original double boxing.
Each speaker cover is perfect other than one plastic bobble to snap into the speaker front has come off (probably during storage somewhere) - I never used them with the covers on anyway 99% of the time.

I've put these up for sale before with no takers, maybe the time wasn't right, but I could really do with a new home for them now, so feel free to ask about anything else you might need to know. 

Email: whi******@******com click to reveal for any further details

Measurements are: 200 x 345 x 1115mm and 22.5kgs each

** AS I HAVE DROPPED THE PRICE SIGNIFICANTLY, YOU WILL NEED TO ADD YOUR OWN FREIGHT COSTS

P.S. ** I COULD DELIVER THEM MYSELF IF YOU ARE LOCAL ON THE SUNSHINE COAST

I'm happy to see them go now, as I'm looking at a more integrated system that will suit our smaller living area.
They are looking for a new home! Listening can be arranged and pick up is from Palmwoods.

Feel free to email for any further details.

Pictures:

PA114699.JPG

PA114700.jpg

PA114702.jpg

PA114703.jpg

PA114704.jpg

PA114705.jpg

PA184713.jpg

Edited by Lightstream
  • Like 1