Lenehan Audio Isolation platforms

Darren69

Hi Guys 

The IsoForm platforms are $1,500 per set ! Including Oz wide shipping.

There are a range of springs available for different Loudspeaker weights .

I would need details of the loudspeaker to consult in respect of the correct spec ! The difference in performance though is large with the platforms , particularly in respect of soundstage and bass performance .      Regards Mike Lenehan

• Like 2

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, Darren69 said:

They give a pretty good old wobble, drunk speakers? But no, wont fall over, have tried that just for those instances where ever-cunning grandies are left in the room for more than half a second. :D

But they are a right mo-fo to move around, the footers want to fold under themselves, scaring the bejeezus out of me so Mikes sound a mile ahead in that regard.

My Townshends were a grand landed from the Ewe Kay.

I buggered this up, I should have said 1000 pounds, see the RRP link on the Townshend site.

http://www.townshendaudio.com/

Over $1700 Oz pesos for the bars, sorry for any confusion. That was for the size one adjustable bars, 30 to 66kg or something like that.

Edited by Darren69

• 9 months later...

Had some difficulty with a set of 5 Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods used under a SACD player in 2018. Basically the rubber used in each of the cells "rotted" and I had them replaced eventually long after the 12 month warranty was over. Looking at the photo of the Lenehan Audio spring set-up on the ML5 this should not be a factor . At 100 pounds a throw plus shipping the Seismic Isolation Pods were a memorable experience. They worked beautifully until the rot started so I'm wondering about designing for endurance in Australian climates. My emails to Max re my concern were treated with a deafening silence so I was glad that Stuart at Mackenzie Audio (UK) went to bat for me. Wondering if the concept of cone rot in loudspeakers is along similar lines. Sorry to butt in!

Cheers

13 hours ago, 075Congo said:

Had some difficulty with a set of 5 Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods used under a SACD player in 2018. Basically the rubber used in each of the cells "rotted" and I had them replaced eventually long after the 12 month warranty was over. Looking at the photo of the Lenehan Audio spring set-up on the ML5 this should not be a factor . At 100 pounds a throw plus shipping the Seismic Isolation Pods were a memorable experience. They worked beautifully until the rot started so I'm wondering about designing for endurance in Australian climates. My emails to Max re my concern were treated with a deafening silence so I was glad that Stuart at Mackenzie Audio (UK) went to bat for me. Wondering if the concept of cone rot in loudspeakers is along similar lines. Sorry to butt in!

Cheers

Yes I have spent a considerably chunk of cash with Townshend and their comms are not good. Excellent products though, cables are fantastic.

My pods are also starting to perish, rubber wise, it must be some cheap garbage rubber surround that they source. I see others for sale here on occasion are suffering from the same fate. I will just gradually remove the rubber from mine, not sure it 'does' anything. Of course that ensures about a $20 resale if I ever want to move them. Not good. Have been eyeing of Isoacoustics speaker feet as well, more dosh, haha.

If you bought them in OZ I'd lodge a warranty claim or complaint; if in the UK I'd contact them to get replacements. I sent Max Townshend and Stuart (at Mackenzie Audio) multiple photos of the rotten rubber. Stuart got them replaced but Max...deafening silence. I would say its a much bigger problem than just the rubber( or is it some sort of composite) used. You would think that for the money demanded TA would offer more than 1 year warranty. I would have a word to Mike Lenehan as he has been developing seismic isolation devices for a very long time.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I notice that a company called ZENSATI was/is listed as distributing TOWNSHEND AUDIO in Australia. I wonder if they would be interested in hearing about the interaction between Seismic Isolation Pods and our wonderful Australian climate. I am in Buderim ; its a Sunday; its 33 degrees C outside and the humidity is appalling. Not good if you are rubber or some sort of polymer wrapped around a metal spring with 50 KG pressing down on you continuously. 

Cheers