Lenehan Audio Isolation platforms

Darren69

I thought I might start a new thread on this one, one that might appear in a search for those looking.

@Celts88 any closer pics on your speaker isolation?

@Lenehan Audio any stand-alone pics of the product Mike, details, pricing etc? Speaker version & component versions?

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 3

How much 'Wobble' does your Townshend give.

With Mike's you don't need to touch it much for it to move, but not loose enough I have any worry about them falling over.

My understanding it's for 3Hz isolation, that's bloody low frequency. I assume that means it isolates the speaker from transmitting any resonance to floor from 3Hz and above (no chance of that). Mike will have to pop in and explain (that's the best cattle class explanation I can do).

Would also add their easy to slide about on a wooden floor. Not finger touch easy, but certainly not difficult for a 70Kg speaker (not 100% sure of their actual weight).

PS Glad you brought the old Avatar back ?

Edited by Celts88

Guest scumbag
32 minutes ago, Celts88 said:

Hunners o Spondulix (that's Jockaness for a wee bit more than a Brass Razoo) ?

An yeh canny be too canny weh yer munny. 

Ok guys and gals enough of the elocution lessons (how a Scotsman can do that is a contradiction)

Getting back to the land of the sane (relatively) for myself it's probably hard to know what singularly the isolation footers make to the overall sound as my ML5's were a BIG upgrade. What I can physically see of them, and what it looks like they add (or actually subtract) I think they should be a given for anyone looking at an upgrade to their current ML3's or ML5's (don't think Mike has 2 foot springs available for an ML1 or ML2 upgrade ?).

I wasn't sure how my good lady would take to them (looks wise) as she's not really into high end audio (she thinks listening to music via an iPad is great ?), but out of the 2 things she liked about the ML5's over the ML3's is the Copper Tweeter Faceplate & the Spring Footers (these are the only 2 externally visible updates from ML3 to ML5 and both she likes). Appreciate looks isn't a deciding factor with anyone looking at the new footers, but just thought worth mentioning that even though they look 'chunky' it actually gives the speakers a more solid looking base, and if some need that wee bit of WAF doesn't do any harm.

Do I think they would be a worthwhile upgrade (if each to their own can afford) then 110% recommendation from myself.

Cheers

John

Edited by Celts88
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Celts88 said:

How much 'Wobble' does your Townshend give.

With Mike's you don't need to touch it much for it to move, but not loose enough I have any worry about them falling over.

Would also add their easy to slide about on a wooden floor. Not finger touch easy, but certainly not difficult for a 70Kg speaker (not 100% sure of their actual weight).

PS Glad you brought the old Avatar back ?

They give a pretty good old wobble, drunk speakers? But no, wont fall over, have tried that just for those instances where ever-cunning grandies are left in the room for more than half a second. :D

But they are a right mo-fo to move around, the footers want to fold under themselves, scaring the bejeezus out of me so Mikes sound a mile ahead in that regard.

My Townshends were a grand landed from the Ewe Kay.

• Haha 1

Guest scumbag

Is there an embargo on mentioning pricing on ML threads? Everytime I ask for pricing on his stuff I get no response. Someone had bought them and I assume they paid for them so can someone tell me how much these retail for please? I guess I could look on his website - that will tell me right??

Edited by scumbag

Mark

I had these fitted as just one part of a large upgrade of my ML3's to ML5's.

Would love to give you an answer, but the overall cost I had for the upgrade included Crossovers, Copper Faceplates, Driver connection rewiring, Spring (Isolation) Footers, etc., etc.

Cheers

John

Guest scumbag
3 minutes ago, Celts88 said:

Mark

I had these fitted as just one part of a large upgrade of my ML3's to ML5's.

Would love to give you an answer, but the overall cost I had for the upgrade included Crossovers, Copper Faceplates, Driver connection rewiring, Spring (Isolation) Footers, etc., etc.

Cheers

John

Oh, I see. Forgive my crankiness. I assumed that they were in their own thread as they were something that was commercially available.

21 minutes ago, scumbag said:

Is there an embargo on mentioning pricing on ML threads? Everytime I ask for pricing on his stuff I get no response. Someone had bought them and I assume they paid for them so can someone tell me how much these retail for please? I guess I could look on his website - that will tell me right??

Have you called him, emailed or PM'd him? I would be surprised if he didn't give you a response via one of those mediums.

He is busy and maybe doesn't read the forum very much but he does respond to text/mob phone calls and replies to email maybe once or twice a day.

He also isn't a website developer, to be Captain Obvious. Word of mouth has him running around like a blue arse fly. :D 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, scumbag said:

I assumed that they were in their own thread as they were something that was commercially available.

Mike can retro fit them to existing speakers or to new speakers, but as your question was related to costing specifically just for the footers that's where I can't help.

Assume Mike will be along sometime with more info, but give him a shout and he'll be more than happy to help you.

Regarding this thread, believe Daz started it not just for a sales thread, but also input for technical info (except for the Townshend he has on his ML5's I don't know any other similar footers out there). 

15 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

He also isn't a website developer

Yep, I partly got the name of his developer, I think his first name was Noah, but didn't get a chance to speak to him as he had to hurry off and catch a boat somewhere (something about the weather turning bad) ?

Guest scumbag
13 minutes ago, Celts88 said:

Yep, I partly got the name of his developer, I think his first name was Noah, but didn't get a chance to speak to him as he had to hurry off and catch a boat somewhere (something about the weather turning bad) ?

Not again.

Me too, there are a few options around now and it is an area that seems to be getting a bit more attention. I am tempted to go try cheap with these:

https://www.studiospares.com/Headphones-and-Speakers/Speaker-Spares-and-Accessories/Studiospares-Speaker-Isolation-Riser_465310.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxqC8nLng2gIVy53tCh1wwwK8EAQYBiABEgL4EvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

On 18/05/2018 at 5:46 PM, Darren69 said:

Have you called him, emailed or PM'd him? I would be surprised if he didn't give you a response via one of those mediums.

He is busy and maybe doesn't read the forum very much but he does respond to text/mob phone calls and replies to email maybe once or twice a day.

He also isn't a website developer, to be Captain Obvious. Word of mouth has him running around like a blue arse fly. :D 

Last time I checked his website there was no pricing at all, it would be helpful and could save Mike a lot of time answering emails.  It’s a good thing word of mouth works so well.

The issue for small manufacturers with publishing pricing is it's hard when things go up. If you're using $600 caps and they go up $50 (8per pair of speakers) it's hard to add that once someone has a price in their head, and you simply can't buy large numbers of those sorts of things.

Most companies use much cheaper parts and have higher profit margins to play with, but I think he's close to releasing these officially, and will chime in soon enough with pricing, but again for those interested he is only a phone call away. I've heard speakers on and off springs and assure you it's a worthwhile improvement. I'd have ordered springs ages ago if we had a safe way of fitting them, but I couldn't afford to have my niece knock em over and break everything.

ive just got his new speaker cable and I'm impressed !

not much difference between my $13k cables and mikes,

and they are new out of the box !

the footers should isolate speaker from floor and any vibration from floor to speaker 

much like the townsend do

a cleaner bass and mid could be expected,

some could say a shy bass , but it could go deeper ,and have more definition ,one could expect

• Like 1