Guest Sime

SOLD: EOI: Marantz AV-8801 pre-pro

Guest Sime

Item: Marantz 8801 Pre-Processor
Price: $1000 + shipping (not preferred)
Item Condition: 9.0/10
Reason for selling: Upgrading
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal only, shipping at buyers expense
Extra Info: This is my 3 year old 8801, I’m the original owner and has worked flawlessly since day one. Condition is excellent, might be a few marks on the top, but no marks or scratches on the front panel. I could list its features, but you know, google is a good start 🤪 anyone wanting one of these will know what it does. 

At the moment it’s an EOI being as I’m awaiting shipment of the 8805, so once that arrives and it’s working ok, this will be ready to go. Possibly mid June, hopefully earlier. 

As for shipping, it’ll work like this, if you are interested, send me a pm, but that won’t guarantee you’ll get in first. The person who can pick it up from here will get it, but if that doesn’t happen, then it will go to the first in line that is closest to me for shipping. I don’t want to ship this a long way being as it’s probably more fragile than most components. And I’m prepared to wait forever till my conditions are met. This will go on Gumtree later on also and it’ll be a pick up only. If it doesn’t sell or my conditions of delivery are never met, my missus will get it ;)

Pictures:

0BFA5008-C4AA-4458-8BA2-381CDC918B47.jpeg

059DC854-C09F-496B-B2B0-DC089F4C66DC.jpeg

FA934372-6F88-4AF9-B994-FDB7CFCFDC44.jpeg

Gosh ... what a bargain !!!!

unless wanting atmos, what a snip at the price !

Agree, a screaming bargain!

Bah I already have one, otherwise would have bought this :(

Guest Sime

Looks like it’s been reserved.....

Guest Sime

Well, it’s been paid for in advance, so I’ll consider it sold 👍

@Marc I’ll give a donation once the pre has been delivered 👍

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Phil sydney
      Item: sansui/ pioneer/ marantz/onkyo
      Price: plz see description
      Item Condition: see description
      Reason for selling: surplus 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      I am sadly letting go my vintage amp collection as i really dont have time to listen to these beauties.
      I can safely pack these amp with no issues to send interstate . Postage will be $49 all over australia for each amp. Will be triple bubble wrapped and heavy duty box to finish off.

1. Sansui AU -X911DG
      NO REMOTE.!
      this has been my pride for years beautiful black piano face and tons of controls with the legendary sansui sound signature.
      Works flawlessly without any issues. No marks that i can see. 
      Similar one sold for a 1000$ recently but im asking $900.

2. Pioneer SA 8500 ii mark 2
      twin mono transformer. Beautiful treble from this amp. Again lots of tweeks and tone controls. Has marks around the body as seen in pics. Overall 7/10 look wise but works 100%.
      all controls are lubed and no static sounds!!.

asking $600

3. Onkyo A-5
      immaculate looking amp and beautiful 3 dimentional soundstage.
      oversized caps 13000uf
      plenty of grunt.
      Asking $350

4. Marantz 2238B reciever
      very sought after beauty.
      very clean face and insides.
      lubed and works perfectly!!
      Asking $600

I have more pictures if potential buyers need it. Please pm me .
      I think prices are quite fair considering the growing demand of vintage amps!!

thanks for watching!

Pictures:

• By pwestcott
      Hi 
      Yesterday I was indulging in my regular afternoon of disc spinning. Inspired by Currently Spinning I  gave the DBT A Southern Rock Opera a good airing (read play it loud) given the bride was out shopping. Act 1 went off without a hitch. Put on Act 2 listening through to the tragic ending. Wife arrived home so out I went to bring in the shopping, on return to the CD player I pressed eject..... no CD. Thought I must be having a Seniors moment. Retraced the steps.... no CD. Put another in the tray and it played. Did my head in. Not long after had to go out but it had me puzzled. 

Got out up this morning determined to get to the bottom of it. Now me and screwdrivers or any tools for that matter do not have a good relationship so it was with some trepidation that I set to work on the Pearl Lite and endeavoured to see if my mind was in tact or if I was already on the slippery slope! What did it reveal.......

Yes in in the immortal words of Ms Chaberlain “this thingo ate my CD!”
      Now that I know that I wasn’t going mad, has this happened to anyone here before? I have owned the Marantz from new for nearly four years without any problems. It is a great player for discs and as a dac and I love the sound. 
      Anyway now where did I leave my glasses?

• By PMAAMP
      Item: Marantz DV6600
      Price: SOLD (elsewhere)
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: NLR (upgrade to Oppo 105)
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, EFT, Paypal
      Extra Info:
      For sale is my Marantz DV6600 player (I bought it new in 2007). The player is in very good condition. It has only a couple of light scratches on the top plate (see photos). Mechanically, it works perfectly. Cosmetically, it is good. No original box/packaging, unfortunately.

The DV6600 plays SACD, DVD and CD. I have used it almost exclusively to play SACD and DVD. The player comes with a brand new remote control, purchased from a Marantz distributor in Melbourne ($80) only 3 months ago.

About the player, Marantz says:
      "The Marantz DV6600 universal player is a perfect machine fitting to the requirements for an extended home entertainment enjoyment. High quality video is assured by a 216MHz/11-bit DAC and Faroudja video processing technology. Uncompromised high quality video is available via the digital video interface HDMI. Utilizing a video upconversion up to 1080i, via the available HDMI with PALProgressive Scan provides an unsurpassed picture quality for any HD compatible screen or projector.The DV6600 is compatible with the latest video and audio compression technologies, like DivX, MP3, WMA and JPEG, offering hours of music, movie and picture enjoyment without changing the disc. Audio excellence is guaranteed with a 24-bit/192kHz converter, gold plated line outputs and numerous Marantz specific performance enhancements. Enjoy breathtaking video and high quality audio."
      (https://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/productdetails.aspx?catid=hometheatre&subcatid=dvdplayers&productid=dv6600&status=discontinue)

Audioholics:
      "Marantz' DV6600 (US$649) universal DVD player is engineered for the very best in both video and audio performance. Featuring a brand new sleekly designed chassis, the DV6600 boasts an HDMI interface, 3:2 pulldown, as well as two-channel and multi-channel DVD-Audio and SACD capability. Progressive scan component video output with and 54MHz 10-bit video D/A converters ensure optimum video images. For superb audio performance, the DV5600 includes 192kHz 24-bit audio D/A converters. Advanced RC-5 connections provide for integrated system control, and front-panel menu operation adds to the player's convenience and operational flexibility."
      (https://www.audioholics.com/trade-shows/2005-cedia-expo/marantz-dv6600-universal-player)

AVS Forum review:
      "Since no one has posted a comprehensive review of this player (and having just purchased one) I thought I'd do the honours.

I've been looking recently for a mid-level DVD player, with HDMI output and video upsampling to maximise the potential of my Hitachi PJTX200 (HDPJ52) projector (yep christmas came early!). Also on the list of requirements were DVD-A and SACD playback capability. Players I considered were: Denon 1920 ('buggy' according to forum reports), Cambridge Audio DV89 (very good audio but lackluster video according to recent reviews/forum reports) and a demo model of the Pioneer 868 (too expensive even at demo prices). I finally settled on the Marantz DV6600.

The Marantz 6600 is, supposedly, a Denon 1920 clone but there is no lip-sync issue whatsoever. This is the case either using the analogue (SCART RGB/Composite/S-video) or digital (HDMI) video outputs, so there is at least one major difference compared to the Denon 1920. On to the specifics of the review:

Video quality - I've tested the Composite video, HDMI and SCART RGB video outputs and all are excellent and problem free. I've not tested the Component connection but the player does have Faroudja processing and that speaks for itself.

The reason for buying this player was, of course, its HDMI output and PQ does not disappoint. Razor sharp detail retrieval, great colour saturation, proper black levels (use 'normal' setting, the 'enhanced' setting is for PC sources) and problem free video upsampling all add up to an outstanding picture.

There are no video controls (brightness/contrast etc...) in the setup menu of the player, however the Hitachi projector allows change to video settings on its HDMI input. There is very little to tweak though as the picture from the Marantz player is outstanding.

PS According to other reports (and for those specifically interested in the video side of this player) the Marantz 6600 is superior to both the Denon 1920 and the Cambridge Audio DV89

Audio quality - Bitstream digital performance is excellent, due to the superb transport no doubt, and the player has a comprehensive suite of controls for both DVD-A and SACD: speaker size; speaker level and time delay on all channels.

Compared to my Toshiba SD900E (SD9200), the Marantz 'analog' performance is less holographic, soundstage is flatter and lacks the 'analog' warmth of the Toshiba player, this is the case for redbook CD and for DVD-A/SACD performance. The Marantz however has better channel separation and superb detail retrieval. Analog performance does further improve once the video section of the player is switched off and the player is 'run in'.

PS. According to other reports (and for those specifically interested in the analog audio side of this player) the Marantz 6600 is superior to the Denon 1920 but not as good as the Cambridge Audio DV89, Marantz should really bring out an OSE version of this player!

PPS. I have just installed a UPS to my system (to take care of a problem I was having with the amplifier/subwoofer, long story...) and its effect on the sound of my whole system has meant that I've had to revise my opinion of the analog outputs of the Marantz player. They are in fact very, very good and on par, if not better, than my Toshiba 900E (SD9200). I won't revise my previous comments however as they were my first impressions of the player and they'll serve as a good guide for anyone in a similar situation to mine i.e. power supply problems.

Build is good at this price point. It is a lightweight player but connections at the back are nicely spaced and are very comprehensive. I've got the player connected via its digital coaxial, 5.1 analog, SCART RGB, Component and HDMI connections and there's plenty of room for each! This also accounts for the slightly wider aspect of the player

Player response is outstanding with no sluggishness or slowness at all in either reading discs, accessing menus, identifying discs or playing DVD-A SACD discs. Drive is basically silent in operation and combined with outstanding error correction (as good as my Toshiba player) all points to an excellent drive and debugged fimware/software. Full marks to Marantz Engineers

Conclusion - the combination of excellent firmware/software (great response time, no bugs etc...), great video performance, great audio for both analog/digital and excellent transport make this player IMHO an outstanding buy."
      (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/18-dvd-players-standard-def/664087-review-marantz-dv6600-dvd-player.html)

Pictures:

• By LWA Staff
      Item: Marantz SD415 'Stereo' Double Cassette Deck
      Location: Len Wallis Audio HQ, 64 Burns Bay Road, Lane Cove NSW
      Price: $250
      Item Condition: Excellent Secondhand Condition
      Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, Credit card Bank Transfer
      Shipping: We can ship anywhere in Australia, POA
      Extra Info: Dust off those Cassettes and don't miss this opportunity to pick up a piece of Audio history with this double cassette SD415 from Marantz. We don't see many in this condition, so certainly worthy of consideration for a collection.
      Specifications:
      Track System: 4-track, 2-channel stereo
      Tape Speed: 4.8 cm/s
      Heads: 1 x playback, 1 x record/playback, 1 x erase
      Motor: 2 x DC servo
      Tape Type: type I, CrO2, Metal
      Noise Reduction: B, C
      Frequency Response: 20Hz to 18kHz  (Metal tape)
      Signal to Noise Ratio: 70dB  (dolby C)
      Wow and Flutter: 0.08%
      Input: 70mV (line)
      Output: 0.5V (line)
      Dimensions: 420 x 118 x 280mm
      Pictures:

• By mikeymikey85
      Item: Marantz UD5005 Universal Disc Player
      Price: $200.00
      Item Condition: Perfect Condition, No scratches or marks
      Reason for selling: Upgrade
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only