Sign in to follow this  
Darren69

Bohemian Rhapsody

Posted (edited)

I found it to be a most entertaining movie with great music and have watched it several times with the volume turned right up in the music scenes, as for the bloke acting as Freddie I reckon he is more than likely as close a Freddie copy as one could reasonably expect given how truly unique he was in so many ways.

I guess those hoping for a documentary style reconstruction of the life and times of Queen could more then likely be disappointed, where as those looking to be entertained and celebrate one of the greatest artists of our time more then likely were happy to watch it.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

11 hours ago, kryten2001 said:

Am I the only one not gushing over this movie? I'm a big Queen fan and was really looking forward to this.

I found it OK, not great..  It didn't feel like it did when it was actually happening, at least for me, that's for sure.

Im not gushing either, finally watched it saturday night and was a bit bored for parts of the movie.

Well put me down as a gusher, I loved every minute of it and saw it twice at the cinema a couple of weeks apart, the second time at a different cinema that was extra loud and brilliant.

Watched it for the 1st time, legendary stuff.   

KRYTEN... you are correct. it was boring, if you want to save some money just stay home and play some queen music. they had the documentary on sbs that showed the "real" story.

if the guy does not actually sing in the movie role then sorry... he gets no rewards imo.

1 hour ago, hopefullguy said:

if the guy does not actually sing in the movie role then sorry... he gets no rewards imo.

This dude sings: http://www.iheartradio.ca/news/marc-martel-sings-freddie-mercury-in-bohemian-rhapsody-1.8547062

Rami is really good in Mr Robot. Check it out!

Marc shows you how to sing like Freddie: 

The thing about Rami Malek is that he looks nothing like Freddy. 

On 28/04/2019 at 11:00 PM, TerryO said:

I guess those hoping for a documentary style reconstruction of the life and times of Queen could more then likely be disappointed, where as those looking to be entertained and celebrate one of the greatest artists of our time more then likely were happy to watch it.

cheers Terry

There are a list of documentary style programs to watch if you wanted that. This was a movie. A dramatization and taken like that it was well done. People complaining about accuracy are like me complaining about war movies for using the wrong model Tiger Tank. Which I do, but its stupid...

Just now, crisis said:

Tiger Tank.

I remember, many years ago that ESSO ( a petrol company ) used the phrase "put a tiger in your tank" when you used their fuel and they actually gave away small furry tiger tails to dangle out of the petrol cap door on the car.

This has nothing at all to do with Bohemian Rhapsody but I thought it was a decent movie given the proviso that nobody could ever h0pe to imitate  Freddie.

Unique he most certainly was.

Finally caught up with this.  It was a disappointment as a movie, boring in many parts.  I suspect that having Brian May and Roger Taylor as the executive producers stifled the story telling and sanitised everything to the point that it became more like a documentary than a movie!  

I'll go back to watching the Queen concerts (the end of Queen at Wembley is superb!) and listening to the excellent 5 channel version of Bohemian Rhapsody in The Night at the Opera BD Audio.  

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

Finally caught up with this.  It was a disappointment as a movie, boring in many parts.  I suspect that having Brian May and Roger Taylor as the executive producers stifled the story telling and sanitised everything to the point that it became more like a documentary than a movie!  

I'll go back to watching the Queen concerts (the end of Queen at Wembley is superb!) and listening to the excellent 5 channel version of Bohemian Rhapsody in The Night at the Opera BD Audio.  

@Snoopy8

You didn’t like it? 

you need to balance it out and watch A Star is Born right after this one! 😜:thumb:

8 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

@Snoopy8

You didn’t like it? 

you need to balance it out and watch A Star is Born right after this one! 😜:thumb:

No, did not like it. And I am a Queen fan! 😪 

A Star is Born (with Lady Gaga) is in the same category, both dull and slow movies, poorly scripted.... Just as well I bought them on a JB sale, would have been spewing if I paid full price.

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

... Just as well I bought them on a JB sale, would have been spewing if I paid full price.

I wait till the local library stock it on DVD and then reserve them....I know I’m a cheap @ rse