Sign in to follow this  
Darren69

Bohemian Rhapsody

15 hours ago, crisis said:

For sure. It has given me an appetite for some kind of doco that tells the story of every album. I loved the Classic Albums series and I reckon they could do a whole series on Queen albums.

Pardon my ignorance.. what is the Classic Album series? That sounds like something I should watch!

Cheers,

Alberto

The Dendy (maybe other places too) are going to do a singalong showing next month 😀

6 hours ago, betocool said:

Pardon my ignorance.. what is the Classic Album series? That sounds like something I should watch!

Cheers,

Alberto

4 hours ago, Mike13 said:

Looks awesome. I’d like to see up until 2008. 

The Steeley Dan, Motorhead. Fleetwood Mac and Meatloaf ones were particularity cool as I recall. Ive forgotten some others probably. The Meatloaf one made me go out and buy the album  (which I was probably one of the only people my age in Australia who never did when it was released). Once I knew Rundgren produced and played guitar on it. Its a great story that one.

I think SBS or the ABC aired the series at one time.

Some kind soul gifted me the Steely Dan one on the making of the Aja album.

Well worth the watch, what they put poor Michael McDonald through for his part on Peg, the auditions for the correct guitar sound and the bass player (I think it was the bass player) sneaking in a disco rhythm.

I haven't seen the others but I'd think they'd be as enjoyable

1 hour ago, turnthetable said:

I think SBS or the ABC aired the series at one time.

Some kind soul gifted me the Steely Dan one on the making of the Aja album.

Well worth the watch, what they put poor Michael McDonald through for his part on Peg, the auditions for the correct guitar sound and the bass player (I think it was the bass player) sneaking in a disco rhythm.

I haven't seen the others but I'd think they'd be as enjoyable

I have that too. But I had to buy it myself..

15 minutes ago, crisis said:

I have that too. But I had to buy it myself..

I've seen it a few weeks back on youtube

Not the best quality but does the job

Being a tightarse I waited until Bohemian Rapsody became available as a rental this week, same goes for ‘A Star Is Born’.

So I just watched them both on consecutive nights and my pick was the Queen story by far. For me one was entertainment with great singers and very well made, the other was a small look into the life of some incredible people who changed music and what we think of it for ever.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

I watched Bohemian Rhapsody last night, just brilliant the cast, especially Rami Malek, this will be watched again and again for sure.

I'm a bit late to this party, I really enjoyed the film, probably more for the content than the film itself.

On reading some of the comments here, it would have been good to have seen some more of the "underbelly".....but that would have made it VERY long. Perhaps a story better suited to TV?

There is a video doing the rounds, left channel movie, right channel Live Aid. I've not been able to watch it at home yet, but with headphone it was very impressive.

Rockfield Records must be a pretty special place. Its where Oasis recorded their first album - there's a good doco about that

Loved it. 

Check this out. Almost impossible to copy Freddy:

On 21/04/2019 at 3:29 PM, Mike13 said:

Check this out. Almost impossible to copy Freddy:

Nevertheless that is an incredible attempt. All around!😮

Guest kryten2001
Posted (edited)

Am I the only one not gushing over this movie? I'm a big Queen fan and was really looking forward to this.

I found it OK, not great..  It didn't feel like it did when it was actually happening, at least for me, that's for sure.

I actually found the actors who played Roger and Brian did a more authentic job than Rami. The dude who played Brian was bang on!

The amount of truth bending is what did it for me. Sorry I wish I could join in the excitement :(

Edited by kryten2001