Sign in to follow this  
Darren69

Bohemian Rhapsody

I enjoyed the film but not the teeth. The whole thing was too nice. They passed up an opportunity to dig deep into the gritty story of the band. I wanted to see midgets with trays of cocaine on their heads.😊

10 hours ago, Blk plastic said:

I enjoyed the film but not the teeth. The whole thing was too nice. They passed up an opportunity to dig deep into the gritty story of the band. I wanted to see midgets with trays of cocaine on their heads.😊

Yeah, that would have gone down a treat on Twitter right now!😄

Saw it. I really like the actor in Mr Robot, but he couldn’t pull off Freddy’s charisma during the concert scenes.

13 minutes ago, Mike13 said:

Saw it. I really like the actor in Mr Robot, but he couldn’t pull off Freddy’s charisma during the concert scenes.

Who can???  Probably the best front man of all time?

Just now, Snoopy8 said:

Who can???  Probably the best front man of all time?

True. Hard role to play. I do think he’s the best front man. 

Saw it yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed it.....ok, it 's not a 'great' movie but as an ode to the music and the phenomena, it was really good. Historic inaccuracies, not enough behind the scenes stuff featuring drugs, sex, Freddie's AIDS fight, all the'nitty gritty' stuff? Who cares? I actually saw the 'in your face' press conference scene and Freddie's reactions as a message to all those complaining that it wasn't 'intrusive' enough.....it's none of our business. Why give the Twitter world a chance to bring them down?

Anyway, I left feeling quite exhilarated.....👍

Saw it today and absolutely loved it. I think any music fan would get an enormous kick out of it and I was really pleased that the Live Aid segment was given the length it was. I walked out into the early summer sunshine of Sydney at Dendy Quays feeling as if I was still in another place which to me is always a sign of getting engrossed into and enjoying a film or play.

Not about the movie but interesting......it's actually not too bad and damn good in parts.🙂

Saw it tonight with friends. Everybody loved it. My advice to anyone yet to see it is that is a movie. A dramatisation. There are plenty of documentaries and biographies if you want that angle. If you enjoy this for what it is intended to be it its a great show.

Edited by crisis

Regarding a couple of comments in this thread. After seeing the film I got home and watched the real Live Aid clip on You Tube. When Freddie is in some very close up shots you can see how pronounced his overbite was and  I'm of the opinion that the film doesn't overdo that at all.

It's a brilliant 20 odd minutes cranked right up.

I saw Queen in Melbourne in the 80’s and recall the concept being ear bleedingly loud.

Saw the movie on the weekend. The actor playing Freddie played a very unlikable character in The Pacific and I just couldn’t shake that memory. Good music in the movie but the historical inaccuracies were a little annoying.

Edited by gat474

On 25/11/2018 at 10:40 AM, Hergest said:

Regarding a couple of comments in this thread. After seeing the film I got home and watched the real Live Aid clip on You Tube. When Freddie is in some very close up shots you can see how pronounced his overbite was and  I'm of the opinion that the film doesn't overdo that at all.

It's a brilliant 20 odd minutes cranked right up.

pre mobile phones, everyone living in the moment!

57 minutes ago, Ian McP said:

pre mobile phones, everyone living in the moment!

No one just busting to video you either. Those were the days.