Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, crisis said:

Tiger Tank.

I remember, many years ago that ESSO ( a petrol company ) used the phrase "put a tiger in your tank" when you used their fuel and they actually gave away small furry tiger tails to dangle out of the petrol cap door on the car.

This has nothing at all to do with Bohemian Rhapsody but I thought it was a decent movie given the proviso that nobody could ever h0pe to imitate  Freddie.

 

Unique he most certainly was.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh yeah-    

Kinda on topic.   Check this out if you've not seen it before, it's neat...very much so.     Even the guitar break is sung!

Ooh new trailer

Finally caught up with this.  It was a disappointment as a movie, boring in many parts.  I suspect that having Brian May and Roger Taylor as the executive producers stifled the story telling and sanitised everything to the point that it became more like a documentary than a movie!  

 

I'll go back to watching the Queen concerts (the end of Queen at Wembley is superb!) and listening to the excellent 5 channel version of Bohemian Rhapsody in The Night at the Opera BD Audio.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

Finally caught up with this.  It was a disappointment as a movie, boring in many parts.  I suspect that having Brian May and Roger Taylor as the executive producers stifled the story telling and sanitised everything to the point that it became more like a documentary than a movie!  

 

I'll go back to watching the Queen concerts (the end of Queen at Wembley is superb!) and listening to the excellent 5 channel version of Bohemian Rhapsody in The Night at the Opera BD Audio.  

@Snoopy8

 

You didn’t like it? 

 

you need to balance it out and watch A Star is Born right after this one! 😜:thumb:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

@Snoopy8

 

You didn’t like it? 

 

you need to balance it out and watch A Star is Born right after this one! 😜:thumb:

No, did not like it. And I am a Queen fan! 😪 

 

A Star is Born (with Lady Gaga) is in the same category, both dull and slow movies, poorly scripted.... Just as well I bought them on a JB sale, would have been spewing if I paid full price.

Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

... Just as well I bought them on a JB sale, would have been spewing if I paid full price.

I wait till the local library stock it on DVD and then reserve them....I know I’m a cheap @ rse 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Just watched this on DVD, taken for what it is, a feature film, where licence is taken with story and script edits must be made, I thought it was great.  As mentioned in previous posts, a difficult and unique artist to emulate, but I thought Rami did a good job.

 

I went straight to the hard drive after watching to view the Live Aid gig.  It brought a few tears to my eyes.

 

I organised for a group at school in year 12, to see them play the Sydney Ent. Centre in April 1985, three months before Live Aid.

A most cherished memory.  Watching/listening to some of the Sydney show on youtube right now.

 

Freddy forever.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...