7 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

Saw them do a rehearsal  gig at French's Tavern on Oxford st Sydney in 1974 prior to doing their Sunbury gig....pity the Sunbury audience were a bunch of bogans, their constant shouting out for 'Thorpee"!! [Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs] ruined it for those with a more opened mind.

Suck more piss!!!

Gawd...............French's wasn't much different.

I went up market and started to frequent the Bondi Lifesaver in Ebely St Bondi junction in later years, in was a total sweat barn to see a gig in, but boy, I had some of the best times of my life in that long gone venue  🤕...it's a Kmart now.

2 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

I went up market and started to frequent the Bondi Lifesaver in Ebely St Bondi junction in later years, in was a total sweat barn to see a gig in, but boy, I had some of the best times of my life in that long gone venue  🤕...it's a Kmart now.

When we played there.................(French's)............Midnight Oil was our support band!

Spoiler

Actually.............we were supposed to be supporting them but they had a better offer in the later slot (might have been at the Saver!) and we swapped.

Or the Stage Door Tavern...possibly Selina's.... I think which gig got played first was based on where band members had their cars parked more than anything else.

Guest Sime

This is one of my favorite performances of a band song live. All lead singers should take note from this video. Sing the song and be true to it. 

2 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

Or the Stage Door Tavern...possibly Selina's.... I think which gig got played first was based on where band members had their cars parked more than anything else.

Stage Door Tavern was my downfall on so many levels....................

What ? The hole in the stage that Rusty had cheaply covered up with Masonite ?

I saw a over exuberant singer that was jumping up and down on the spot go through that stage one night, it was the best part of their gig.

27 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

What ? The hole in the stage that Rusty had cheaply covered up with Masonite ?

I saw a over exuberant singer that was jumping up and down on the spot go through that stage one night, it was the best part of their gig.

Ha!

We never played there.................they booked through a certain agent that we weren't with.

Our guitarist went through the stage at the Family Inn one night though.

The Family Inn at Rydalmere I went to a few times.

I'm trying to remember the gig in Kogerah that the ***** that owned the place had a 'Princess Box' built Left of stage when looking from the stage, and she used to sit in it and watch the bands.

Apparently Ignatius Jones from Jimmy & the Boys, whilst on stage, said to the audience whilst pointing at her, said please don't feed the animals, and she had them shut down mid gig, thrown out, and rang her fat **** boyfriend at the time, [The Senior Sargent of Kogerah Police station to come and beat the **** out of them]....the latter never happened due to contacts known by the band, but apparently it was a very close run thing.

I was at a gig at that place a few times afterwards, once with Chisel and another time with Dragon, both times we sat with the bar staff after the gig and the punters had gone home, and the police would come around for a drink as well, Snr Sgt would be all chatty, but the young coppers used to tell us that as soon as we left the pub, if we were driving we were to be given the once over and charged, even if not over, with drink driving..."to teach the ****ers whose boss around here" .

So we would catch Taxi's to Sans Souci, get the roadies to drive the band truck to there, and then get home.

3 hours ago, Tweaky said:

Saw them do a rehearsal  gig at French's Tavern on Oxford st Sydney in 1974 prior to doing their Sunbury gig.

I was there...one of the few people in the world to see Queen booed off stage...

The booees were Bogans of the highest order...'cause Queen were bloody brilliant...

The one mistake they made they got most offside...they were over an our late on stage...

And the promoters did not have a back up plan...so there was no music for over an hour...

By then the natives were...err...somewhat restless...the rest is history...

7 hours ago, Rob181 said:

I was there...one of the few people in the world to see Queen booed off stage...

The booees were Bogans of the highest order...'cause Queen were bloody brilliant...

The one mistake they made they got most offside...they were over an our late on stage...

And the promoters did not have a back up plan...so there was no music for over an hour...

By then the natives were...err...somewhat restless...the rest is history...

The Maiden 2008 back in time tour, Brissy EC, some dudes down the front decide to beat on each other, the surrounding crowd picked them up an crowd-surfed them to the rather large looking Tongan/Maori security staff, grinning and waiting at the front right of the stage as you look at it. Bruce wishes them 'good luck out in the car park' as they are carted off. He didn't say it through the mic, he yelled it off the stage. One of the funniest things I have seen.

There are some scary looking Maiden fans and you don't muck up their fave bands concerts.

Edited by Darren69

Joining as this should be my third film in the movies this year... I know, I don't get out much.

Never saw Freddie, too young and lived in the wrong side of the world. I'm very happy though to have seen them live with Paul Rodgers up close and with Adam Lambert just now, feck me, what a great show, best enthusiastic crowd I've seen.

The Freddie dude looks good, but, for me, the Brian May dude steals the show, it's spooky! Let's hope it's a good flick, more focused on the band than on the excesses. At least that's my interest.

On with the show. This is "Action"*

Cheers,

Alberto

* Guess where that features for a cheer.

To be fair, there are these guys, but still almost 10 years ago now-

Slipknot et al. I just don't get it. It irritates me. *shrugs*