Bohemian Rhapsody

The one and only Freddie Mercury!   ?

Wished I saw him in person, have only seen the Queen concerts in DVDs and BDs.  I do hope the movie lives up to expectations...

16 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

The one and only Freddie Mercury!   ?

Wished I saw him in person, have only seen the Queen concerts in DVDs and BDs.  I do hope the movie lives up to expectations...

Me too. :(

I remember when my 'little' bro brought this video tape home and we played it, we thought it was the most insane thing we'd ever seen. We were into all sorts of metal and big productions but this was another level.

Don't want to sound like an old fart but I don't know of anything like this around these days.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

I remember when my 'little' bro brought this video tape home and we played it, we thought it was the most insane thing we'd ever seen. We were into all sorts of metal and big productions but this was another level.

Don't want to sound like an old fart but I don't know of anything like this around these days.

Thanks man, I'll have a watch of this within the next few days...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

Agree, Freddie at Wembley is insane, probably the best of the concerts. And a nice ending (no spoilers for those who have yet to see it).

No one since has come close to his super charged presence on stage. ?

• Like 1

Kinda on topic.

Check this out if you've not seen it before, it's neat...very much so.

Even the guitar break is sung!

Edited by Luc
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Luc said:

Kinda on topic.

Check this out if you've not seen it before, it's neat...very much so.

Even the guitar break is sung!

That is phucking phantastic, gave me goosebumps.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Not the same class of showman, but try a Muse concert... Loud. I'd love to hear Madness in your system. I went last time they were in Melbourne and my body took 2 days to recover. Over the top massive sound and massive light display.

By comparison went to The Killers last week and they were not in the same class, although the crowd signing of Mr Brightside was the best I've ever heard.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Darren69 said:

That is phucking phantastic, gave me goosebumps.

It's a goosebumps moment aint it.

• Like 1

Saw them do a rehearsal  gig at French's Tavern on Oxford st Sydney in 1974 prior to doing their Sunbury gig....pity the Sunbury audience were a bunch of bogans, their constant shouting out for 'Thorpee"!! [Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs] ruined it for those with a more opened mind.

7 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

Saw them do a rehearsal  gig at French's Tavern on Oxford st Sydney in 1974 prior to doing their Sunbury gig....pity the Sunbury audience were a bunch of bogans, their constant shouting out for 'Thorpee"!! [Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs] ruined it for those with a more opened mind.

Suck more piss!!!

Gawd...............French's wasn't much different.

• Like 1

I went up market and started to frequent the Bondi Lifesaver in Ebely St Bondi junction in later years, in was a total sweat barn to see a gig in, but boy, I had some of the best times of my life in that long gone venue  ?...it's a Kmart now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

I went up market and started to frequent the Bondi Lifesaver in Ebely St Bondi junction in later years, in was a total sweat barn to see a gig in, but boy, I had some of the best times of my life in that long gone venue  ?...it's a Kmart now.

When we played there.................(French's)............Midnight Oil was our support band!

Spoiler

Actually.............we were supposed to be supporting them but they had a better offer in the later slot (might have been at the Saver!) and we swapped.

• Like 2

Guest Sime

This is one of my favorite performances of a band song live. All lead singers should take note from this video. Sing the song and be true to it. 

2 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

Or the Stage Door Tavern...possibly Selina's.... I think which gig got played first was based on where band members had their cars parked more than anything else.

Stage Door Tavern was my downfall on so many levels....................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What ? The hole in the stage that Rusty had cheaply covered up with Masonite ?

I saw a over exuberant singer that was jumping up and down on the spot go through that stage one night, it was the best part of their gig.

27 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

What ? The hole in the stage that Rusty had cheaply covered up with Masonite ?

I saw a over exuberant singer that was jumping up and down on the spot go through that stage one night, it was the best part of their gig.

Ha!

We never played there.................they booked through a certain agent that we weren't with.

Our guitarist went through the stage at the Family Inn one night though.

The Family Inn at Rydalmere I went to a few times.

I'm trying to remember the gig in Kogerah that the ***** that owned the place had a 'Princess Box' built Left of stage when looking from the stage, and she used to sit in it and watch the bands.

Apparently Ignatius Jones from Jimmy & the Boys, whilst on stage, said to the audience whilst pointing at her, said please don't feed the animals, and she had them shut down mid gig, thrown out, and rang her fat **** boyfriend at the time, [The Senior Sargent of Kogerah Police station to come and beat the **** out of them]....the latter never happened due to contacts known by the band, but apparently it was a very close run thing.

I was at a gig at that place a few times afterwards, once with Chisel and another time with Dragon, both times we sat with the bar staff after the gig and the punters had gone home, and the police would come around for a drink as well, Snr Sgt would be all chatty, but the young coppers used to tell us that as soon as we left the pub, if we were driving we were to be given the once over and charged, even if not over, with drink driving..."to teach the ****ers whose boss around here" .

So we would catch Taxi's to Sans Souci, get the roadies to drive the band truck to there, and then get home.

• Like 2