Bohemian Rhapsody

3 hours ago, Tweaky said:

Saw them do a rehearsal  gig at French's Tavern on Oxford st Sydney in 1974 prior to doing their Sunbury gig.

I was there...one of the few people in the world to see Queen booed off stage...

The booees were Bogans of the highest order...'cause Queen were bloody brilliant...

The one mistake they made they got most offside...they were over an our late on stage...

And the promoters did not have a back up plan...so there was no music for over an hour...

By then the natives were...err...somewhat restless...the rest is history...

7 hours ago, Rob181 said:

I was there...one of the few people in the world to see Queen booed off stage...

The booees were Bogans of the highest order...'cause Queen were bloody brilliant...

The one mistake they made they got most offside...they were over an our late on stage...

And the promoters did not have a back up plan...so there was no music for over an hour...

By then the natives were...err...somewhat restless...the rest is history...

The Maiden 2008 back in time tour, Brissy EC, some dudes down the front decide to beat on each other, the surrounding crowd picked them up an crowd-surfed them to the rather large looking Tongan/Maori security staff, grinning and waiting at the front right of the stage as you look at it. Bruce wishes them 'good luck out in the car park' as they are carted off. He didn't say it through the mic, he yelled it off the stage. One of the funniest things I have seen.

There are some scary looking Maiden fans and you don't muck up their fave bands concerts.

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 1

Joining as this should be my third film in the movies this year... I know, I don't get out much.

Never saw Freddie, too young and lived in the wrong side of the world. I'm very happy though to have seen them live with Paul Rodgers up close and with Adam Lambert just now, feck me, what a great show, best enthusiastic crowd I've seen.

The Freddie dude looks good, but, for me, the Brian May dude steals the show, it's spooky! Let's hope it's a good flick, more focused on the band than on the excesses. At least that's my interest.

On with the show. This is "Action"*

Cheers,

Alberto

* Guess where that features for a cheer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gee Emm said:

Slipknot et al. I just don't get it. It irritates me. *shrugs*

Each to their own Gee.

I get negative comments every time I put up something in the gig forum and I know some of the bands that the commentators listen to and, unfortunately for me, have checked them out on Youtube et al. After that unpleasant experience I feel like putting it right back to them but hey, that doesn't go anywhere good does it? Just kills more innocent gigabytes. ;) 

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 2

On 24/05/2018 at 12:45 PM, Darren69 said:

Each to their own Gee.

I get negative comments every time I put up something in the gig forum and I know some of the bands that the commentators listen to and, unfortunately for me, have checked them out on Youtube et al. After that unpleasant experience I feel like putting it right back to them but hey, that doesn't go anywhere good does it? Just kills more innocent gigabytes. ;) 

ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS !

It's a forum, I get replies to other posts I don't like either.....That's life.

Edited by Tweaky
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

On 17/05/2018 at 9:25 AM, joz said:

The dude playing Freddie looks like he does a great impersonation.

Will see this. 

He’s from an awesome series called Mr Robot.

I heard on the radio this morning that they over did his overbite. Poor Freddy. 

9 hours ago, Mike13 said:

He’s from an awesome series called Mr Robot.

I heard on the radio this morning that they over did his overbite. Poor Freddy. 

Definitely agree, Freddy had some fangs on him but nothing like the movie, definitely overdone.

Died at 45 with all the gold you could eat, from a now-treatable disease. Very sad. Lived large right to the end. Huge respect for those type of people, this isn't a rehearsal.

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Freddie Mercury: The Great Pretender

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2471626/

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1350182979700/freddie-mercury-the-great-pretender

< Freddie Mercury was one of the most charismatic, complex, and fascinating characters in British rock music. The story of Queen is much told, but this new documentary focuses on Freddie and the solo projects he worked on, outside of the band. >

19 minutes ago, Ian McP said:

Freddie Mercury: The Great Pretender

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2471626/

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1350182979700/freddie-mercury-the-great-pretender

< Freddie Mercury was one of the most charismatic, complex, and fascinating characters in British rock music. The story of Queen is much told, but this new documentary focuses on Freddie and the solo projects he worked on, outside of the band. >

It's on SBS this Sat night and SBS on demand.

• Like 2