Can anyone help with this?

Yesterday I was helping a friend set up Bluetooth headphones paired to a Digitech Bluetooth transmitter plugged into the headphone out on a Yammie AVR. He wanted to watch tele without disturbing his apartment neighbours.

The headphones were:

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/qudo-bluetooth-on-ear-headphones-blue-crqdobmbb.

All worked as it should but I got a message later saying that there is a sound delay in the headphones. Is there a way of fixing that, guys?

Guest Eggcup The Daft

There may be a way of syncing sound and vision in the TV or PVR in use. It also may be related to decoding MPEG 4 HD channels - on our setup, analogue sound ends up ahead of HDMI picture on SBS HD but nowhere else. The AVR may also be able to adjust it if both sound and vision pass through, I've very little experience of AVRs.

Alternatively you may be able to take sound directly out of the TV. That can help if the delay part of the signals being sent through HDMI.

If the bluetooth device itself is the cause of the delay (if sound through speakers and wired headphones is OK, then that's the case) all you can do is see if you can find a setting to delay the picture. And that will have to be switched backwards and forwards according to whether headphones or speakers are in use, of course!

Guest Eggcup The Daft
16 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

You might as well used the on screen subtitle.

You should have seen the grin on my partner's face when I finally got her to use headphones with the TV - sorry, subtitles are just no alternative.