SOLD: FS: Denon DP-60L Turntable, S-shaped arm, original Denon headshell

Guest Hensa

Guest Hensa
SOLD

Item: FS: Denon DP-60L, S-shaped arm-wand and original Denon headshell.

Note, this is not my own DP-60L but one I have just impoirted for a friend who is having a change of heart/circumstances.

Denon4.jpg.1ef93f9b7ee6e4ad7d8cddfd64e694b3.jpg

Price: $850

Item Condition: Excellent cosmetic condition with only a couple of blemishes both of which I’ve tried to highlight in the pictures. One is a graze on the left side of the plinth (could be easily covered with a colour-matched felt-tip pen), the other is a small blemish in the plinth veneer between the tonearm and drive body towards the rear of the turntable (about 1cm long and hard to clearly photograph). Original mat is in great condition and the dustcover is very clean. Operationally, I have operated it for a couple of evenings and all functions are working perfectly – both speeds lock immediately, the arm descends slowly and auto lifts gently at the end of the LP and the platter stops spinning quickly when ‘stop’ is pressed. I purchased this from the Japanese seller that I bought my own Denon from - it has been serviced electronically, lubricated and tested before leaving Japan.

Reason for selling: I imported this DP-60L for a friend who’s having to back-out. As he’s already paid me, I offered to see if there’s interest in the deck at the price he paid (which is what it has cost me to bring in from Japan plus the addition of my own headshell to the package).

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only

Extra Info: Many here would know that I have one of these decks of my own and I should say I have no intention of letting it go. I rate it as one of the best upper mid-tier (around 100K JPY on release) 1980’s Japanese direct drives built. I have run it with carts from as basic as an AT-95E up to a Transfiguration Axia-S and Benz Wood L2 and it has never failed to impress. Its looks can be polarising, with the ‘flying saucer’ descriptor being common and apt; Personally, I love the distinct looks, but accept that others might prefer a more traditional appearance.

This is a 100V model so will require the use of a 240V to 100V stepdown transformer. I use this isolated stepdown transformer from Tortech, which does the job perfectly:

https://www.tortech.com.au/step-down-transformer-australia/japanese-transformers-to-australia/50w-isolated-step-down-transformer

This is a local sale only as I really want any prospective buyer to see the turntable in action before making a final decision. I have a number of cartridge options I could include and set up at additional cost:

·         Empire D4000/I - $100

·         Pickering XSV-4000 with original D4000 Stereohedron stylus - $120

·         Audio-Technica AT-150E/G with near new stylus plus a NOS spare ATN-150 stylus - $150

These are all very nice MM cartridges and I have priced them low as part of a package. If you'd like to audition the turntable with one of these cartridges, let me know which one and I'll set it up prior to your visit. It is currently set up with the AT-150E/G.

Pictures:

I’ll capture some better pictures on the weekend but in the interim, here are a couple of shots that highlight the cosmetic flaws mentioned above. The last photo is not the DP-60L that's for sale, but my own just for reference purposes on the polarising looks.

Denon1.jpg.31a489a9c49c3ced2874dd708470c5d7.jpg

Denon3.jpg.977373b41dfdd1ddb2e557cfed527e43.jpg

Denon5.jpg.12b879c48e57728914edf053cbf0c4bf.jpg

The next picture is from the seller, showing the work and testing they carry out before shipping:

testing.jpg.bfebfe5cc76f04bc8c0aa9adb0ee886e.jpg

And just for reference and to give you a clear idea of how the 60L looks while spinning its charms, here's a better picture of my own in action. Make your own mind up on whether the distinctive looks are for you :):

1424919028_DP-608.jpg.e8a9e539735602c81b83e2dde3c608b1.jpg

Edited by Hensa
Revised pricing and now FS rather than EOI

Having bought one from Japan I can say that compared to what I paid this is very good pricing and this would be a straight cost recovery. Greg is far more patient than me and  can source at excellent prices - I also hate losing at auctions. I had a Dynavector 17D3 which is a fairly hefty cartridge and I thought the sound was excellent and better than most Dacs.  If you only have a budget at around $1k this is a must audition for your list. Mine is now in sunny Canberra doing duties down there.

Edited by PKay
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BATMAQN said:

Love mine!! 

Can’t beat the sound these put out at that price Denon 103r on my deck. 

Yours is an absolute ripper, you chose well.

• Like 1

Guest Hensa

This is now confirmed as a For Sale and my mate is prepared to cop a loss for a local sale. So price revised down from $940 to $850 and I've also dropped the prices further on the cartridge options, should a buyer want a turn-key purchase. 

Like others in this thread I also have a DP-60L and think it's an amazing turntable, the person who buys this won't be disappointed especially at this price.

cheers Terry