• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New Order - "Music Complete" Boxset - "8 piece deluxe vinyl collection. Album on double clear vinyl. Extended versions of all 11 tracks on 6 pieces of vinyl.Coloured vinyl 12”s plus 1 sided black etch

Depeche Mode - "Violator - the 12" Singles"   So happy to have snagged a copy of this (at a great price). I have most of these 12" as UK first presses but a couple of the special editions el

Listening to this set as I read... 

1 minute ago, Gandra said:

Agree. Great find 

These sound so close to listening to the bands in bars and restaurants in Havana, it's almost like being there. If you ever manage to get there, regardless of city, just look for the local Casa la Trova, you'll have a ball.

Thanks. I was actually there some 4, 5 years ago. Spent most of the time in Varadero, but went to Havana on a day trip, so was able to absorb some of that famous atmosphere. 

Similar to you probably, this is one of the main reasons I bought this set. 

I actually spent 20 days traversing the country, Baracoa, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad de Cuba, Guantanamo, Camaguy, Viñiales. It was sad to leave. I didn't go to Varadero as it seemed to be touristy by the descriptions, and I was more interested in mixing with the locals as much as possible. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hydrology said:

Coming soon @metalbeat!!

Songs Of Faith And Devotion | The 12" Singles

Any Dylan, you know you want some....😇🙏

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

From the moment these boxsets were first announced over two years ago, THIS is the one Ive been waiting for the most.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you - DEPECHE MODE "Songs of Faith and Devotion - The 12" Singles"

SOFAD1.thumb.jpg.1d6f7f98bcc713ab264eeaee07dda6de.jpg

SOFAD2.thumb.jpg.b40a8624680913cda841cf9fe62b8675.jpg

SOFAD3.thumb.jpg.383354b118778c1fd3472fd5ac93538f.jpg

SOFAD4.thumb.jpg.789651f3f96fc853661cd22cff4a48f9.jpg

SOFAD5.thumb.jpg.b4178232ead06c457464a28c82e6dee8.jpg

SOFAD6.thumb.jpg.97415c854277d334a4aeb49a0875bc2e.jpg

• Like 1

Just came across this thread and subscribed!

My fave box set:

The Classic Records Led Zeppelin 45 rpm Box Set consists of 48 single sided 12" records housed in a special Classic Records Road Case. The titles include Led Zeppelin I, II , III, IV, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti, Presence, In Through the Out Door, and Coda with each spread out over either four or eight sides depending on whether the original LP was a single or double. These 45 rpm sides were cut at the same time as the 33 rpm discs and as such DO NOT represent a remastering that is different from the 33 rpm LP’s approved by the Band. Further, there is no additional artwork or extra recorded material of any kind. Each title has an art jacket that is the same as used on the 33 rpm releases with the additional 45’s in white jackets. Original label art by title is the same as used on the 33 rpm releases as well. All records are pressed on Classic’s proprietary 200g Super Vinyl Profile for maximum playback fidelity. The first audiophile disc of each album is placed in the original record sleeve. All the additional audiophile discs are then housed in sturdy, individual white jackets. This is all presented with printed 12" by 12" index dividers to easily locate each album, housed in a custom, heavy duty touring road case with foam padding for a secure, snug fit. The records are housed in a metal Road Case. Originally released in 2006. Approximately 750 made.
Pressed on 200-gram Quiex SV-P vinyl.

And they all sound INSANE.

Slight sound quality edge to the first (Turquoise cover) pressing of Led Zep 1 (but lots more clicks and pops on my first pressing!) and the Robert Ludwig cut of Led Zep 2.

lz.jpeg

• Like 1

And the most beautiful box set I have ever seen.

Keith Richards Talk is Cheap super deluxe box set.

The presentation and the thought that went into the box makes this a unique work of art.

Some details about the box:

They are unique, hand-built and aged by Fender, using the same technique and materials as Keith Richards' Vintage Telecaster "Micawber".

This 2CD and 2Vinyl reissue, in addition to the remastered album 'Talk Is Cheap', also includes 6 additional and unpublished tracks.

The boxed formats "Super Deluxe" and "Deluxe" also include special sheets with the tour, handwritten lyrics, posters, signed metal pick, extensive notes by Anthony De Curtis, which tell the story of the production, release and cultural impact of the album, unpublished photos and exclusive rarities.

It takes 37 Fender employees to make each box, plus 11 other suppliers of additional parts and services: from special wooden boxes to graphics on the chrome control board, to the sawmill that cuts and adapts it. It takes 2 weeks to produce each box. However, the first box took approximately 4 months and 20 different prototypes to correct every detail.

Finally, aging on the brass nameplate is done in a high temperature metal tempering furnace (temperature, time and exact process are trade secrets). The final wood finish is a multi-step process that is also patented, but is different from the one we use on old guitars, due to the precision required to age the appropriate areas that are required for their use.

The book cover even replicates the fabric used in the old famous Fender amps.....

Just beautiful!

Pics below.

IMG-6866.jpg.a3dee10ad6a7dea74cf29c8642fd5e41.jpg

IMG-6868.thumb.jpg.7ac6566363ed7b0d3384990600a4de0a.jpg

IMG-6865.jpg.2a37960406e8920b2bf9a856acb16535.jpg

01-kr-tic-superdeluxe.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...