Posted (edited)

WELL,

have sourced a Uniti Core, it is yet to be paid for and sent but thought I would start a new thread for anyone interested.

This is the start of a whole new thang, a tidy up of the house in general and initial planning of some renovations. I think I will continue to buy CD's and rip, I like the idea of owning the hard copy but who knows what might change in time.

Will be revisiting the 'Good NAS' thread that I started for a refresher when purchasing the back up for the Naim.

I will also probably order a new Clearer Audio Silverline Optimus BNC to RCA IC as I have not heard better. The Core will fit in my current shelving, probably on top of the Isotek Aquarius and everything will be hard wired with Ethernet cabling.

So there. :D 

https://www.naimaudio.com/product/uniti-core

Edited by Darren69

Very happy you went this way Daz. I read a while back about the effort they put into this. Have heard a few of the new Naim gear and it really is incredible.

Being upnp I am guessing you should be able to stream Tidal and the likes to it via Bubbleupnp???
I will be seriously considering Naim's new streamers when the are released.

1 hour ago, Bunno77 said:

Very happy you went this way Daz. I read a while back about the effort they put into this. Have heard a few of the new Naim gear and it really is incredible.

Being upnp I am guessing you should be able to stream Tidal and the likes to it via Bubbleupnp???
I will be seriously considering Naim's new streamers when the are released.

Hullo brother Dan, hope all is going well for you mate, I have not studied the capabilities of UPnP just yet, maybe a weekend job.

Well it has arrived and a gorgeous bit of kit it is too. Very very nice.

Hewn from solid metal by the feel of it, will put some piccies up, maybe over the weekend, now to sort cables and the NAS.