Ivanhoe

65 Inch Choice factoring in the price differential - LG C7 vs C8 vs Sony A1

Reading the past month or so's worth of posts on the forum it seems like the majority believe the LG OLED C7 is the best TV out there.   Some debate that the Sony A1 is better but generally if around the same price point (which it isn't).   Now LG have released the C8, which is the best mass market 65 inch TV, when you factor in the price?   (these are retail prices advertised online and I am rounding up the few dollars to the actual price.)   

C7 at  $4500

C8  at $5500

A1 at $5700

Most opinions seem to have it as a close call between the Sony and the C7 - so does a $1200 gap to the C7 rule out the Sony?  

Or is it worth paying an additional $1000 for the latest model C8 over the C7?   Seems like the primary change is the beefed up processor - which may improve interpolation and processing of motion blur and lower def pictures.   Is that worth the difference?   

Edited by Ivanhoe

I think I would be happy with either a C7 or C8, however where I think the Sony shines is its settings - out-of-the-box picture is fantastic, not to mention its ability to handle SD broadcasts excellently. As SD will be around for some time, this would factor into my decision.

You should be able to get a deal on C7 close to 4k in price. I am okay with my C7, but do look out for dirty yellow tint on the screen (against a neutral grey or white background). For day to day moving images it is the best, can't beat true black background. Don't forget other manufacturer source their panels from LG.

The Sony is about 5k at the moment at most retailers. Some say better processing for Sd and the like. 

Also whats with Samsung pricing on the new Q9 Qled i know its getting rave reviews for an LCD but $9995 for the 75 and $6495 for the 65 wow, the new pana FZ950 oled is only $5495 for the 65 these are retail prices and I know can get cheaper but i dont think I could pay $6500 grand for an LCD? And at 10 k for the 75 Q9 i would just stretch it to the 77 OLED.

I must have misread the Sony pricing - its $5700 (now fixed above).   

People felt this had the edge on the C7 (but at a premium) - question then is - does it have an edge on the C8? 

9 minutes ago, chrisso1671 said:

check videopro mate $5000 cheers.

@Ivanhoe

JSmith :ninja:

TBH i'd be plonking $3.5K on a C7 as my understanding is the advances with the C8 are minimal, and with regards the Sony being better at SD well who the hell cares about SD ?
And if I were to be looking at a $5K spend then i'd be starting to seriously consider the Sony KD75X9400E which can be found for that sum, an additional 10" being nothing to sneeze at even if it isn't an OLED