One major flaw I've found with the new remote app.

The issue occurs when your browsing a large play list of albums. If you click on an album to see the details then return back to the play list, you are positioned back at the beginning the list, rather than where you where previously.

In a long play list this becomes very frustrating quite quickly.

I wish I hadn't taken the update ☹️

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
One major flaw I've found with the new remote app.

The issue occurs when your browsing a large play list of albums. If you click on an album to see the details then return back to the play list, you are positioned back at the beginning the list, rather than where you where previously.

In a long play list this becomes very frustrating quite quickly.

I wish I hadn't taken the update ☹️

Been fixed now.

Audirvana user here for 2+ years, but have experienced persistent and worsening stuttering/buffering problems via my MacBook Pro. I have tried everything and don’t know what the cause is, but it has ruined my listening experience. Home wi-fi might have got slower or maybe I need a new MBP, dunno. For the time I’ve shifted over to an Astell & Kern SE100 digital audio player, which has proved seamless for digital listening/streaming. I hope to be back with Audirvana one day…

• 3 weeks later...

Does Audirvana allow for wifi streaming via AirPlay? Reason is that my Mac in Hi-Fi duties also streams to a couple of airports around the house. 

Also, did you find it a major step up from iTunes? I use that now through USB to my DAC and it sounds not bad at all. I have never bothered going further with the digital side of things as when I sit to listen I use vinyl as my source. 

On 30/11/2019 at 9:05 AM, caminperth said:

Does Audirvana allow for wifi streaming via AirPlay?

Yes, if you select an AirPlay speaker as sound output device on the Mac it'll show up and be selectable as a DAC in Audirvana.

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2019 at 7:03 PM, Astrolug said:

Audirvana user here for 2+ years, but have experienced persistent and worsening stuttering/buffering problems via my MacBook Pro. I have tried everything and don’t know what the cause is, but it has ruined my listening experience. Home wi-fi might have got slower or maybe I need a new MBP, dunno. For the time I’ve shifted over to an Astell & Kern SE100 digital audio player, which has proved seamless for digital listening/streaming. I hope to be back with Audirvana one day…

Update: I've ditched USB and swung over to optical for connecting MacBook Pro to Chord Hugo 2. Optical is WAY better both for SQ and conquering stuttering problems. I wished I'd known about this a long time ago. I think I can trace the remaining stuttering problems back to my Telstra/NBN service - it is so damned slow sometimes. Back to enjoying Audirvana :)

Edited by Astrolug
added ending

• 3 weeks later...

USB can be problematic for reasons of noise, but most USB users have rectified this with filters or rearranging offending components (computer, amp etc). 

In my experience, optical outputs from everyday computer soundcards are inferior in every way to the alternatives. Chord DACs do a better job than many via optical input, but it can only process what it receives.  

USB bypasses a computer's soundcard for starters...

Edited by was_a
  • Like 2

So far I’m loving the stable connection and SQ of optical. It eradicates the snaps and stuttering at least as exhibited in my system. Granted, optical ‘only’ goes to 192kHz with Chord Hugo 2, whereas USB tops that with 384kHz and DSD. So I will revisit that some day when I get a new MBP. I was encouraged to go optical with Hugo 2 after reading designer Rob Watts here - what he says compelling.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/page-778

Audirvana is a beneficiary IME. 

Edited by Astrolug
edit