PIONEER FILLS THE OPPO 4K UHD BLU-RAY VOID

yes definitely still a probably

http://www.insideci.co.uk/news/pioneer-preps-powerhouse-uhd-blu-ray-playerprobably.aspx

50A32F23-3CD7-4153-8F6E-7AEEE1E7776E.jpeg

‘Pioneer plans to step into the void left by Oppo Digital, with a new line of high performance UHD Blu-ray players. That’s the supposition, after the AV giant posted a teaser image on its Japanese website.

The image comprises two shrouded rectangles, indicating that a flagship and step-down model will be launched. The URL indicates BDLX suggesting the new models will follow on from the brand’s last premium player, the BDP-LX88 and its sister, the BDP-LX58 (pictured below), launched in 2015.

Above the central player is the kangi character for gyouten, Japanese for ‘dawn’. Do the mysterious players herald a new dawn for Pioneer Blu-ray or the format itself? It would be nice to think so.

If this is the case, then videophiles are in for a treat. The LX88 was a formidable disc spinner. It tipped the scales at 13.4kg and had impressive build quality: a double layer design saw the 1.6mm base reinforced with 3mm thick plate to ensure absolute rigidity. A 1mm thick steel top plate further reduced vibration.’

http://jp.pioneer-audiovisual.com/bdlx/

oh yes !

let it be please :)

I can only imagine the number of picture sub menu options Al ;thinking about a much simpler 51fd I once had :) Will they partner with an outside oem like oppo did with mediatek or their own proprietary methods as they usually do ? 

Its certainly good to see a name with such a good pedigree for players come back ; wonder if they will cover all the HDR modes or pick what they prefer . Even the lx58 had sabre dacs so will be manna for audio aficionado's B)

Edited by cwt
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, cwt said:

I can only imagine the number of picture sub menu options Al ;thinking about a much simpler 51fd I once had :) Will they partner with an outside oem like oppo did with mediatek or their own proprietary methods as they usually do ? 

Its certainly good to see a name with such a good pedigree for players come back ; wonder if they will cover all the HDR modes or pick what they prefer . Even the lx58 had sabre dacs so will be manna for audio aficionado's B)

Indeed remember my two pio players (one was badged as a sony ! ) cwt a lot of questions and possibilities. I know @wooferocau was very impressed with his pio flagship universal. I dont know if they still have capability for all this given their join up with onkyo ? they do have a long heritage of gorgeous players. 

so very curious to see what comes.

in some ways with the demise of oppo I do hope it opens the doors for likes of pana, denon etc to return with the kind of quality players capable off.

Happy happy times...?

I still treasure my Pioneer LX88...still a marvel with 1080P Blurays compared against anything.

I had given up hope Pioneer would produce an UHD player....If its of the same heritage as the Previous LX88, it will be a definite purchase for me..☺️ 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, :) al said:

Indeed remember my two pio players (one was badged as a sony ! ) cwt a lot of questions and possibilities. I know @wooferocau was very impressed with his pio flagship universal. I dont know if they still have capability for all this given their join up with onkyo ? they do have a long heritage of gorgeous players. 

so very curious to see what comes.

in some ways with the demise of oppo I do hope it opens the doors for likes of pana, denon etc to return with the kind of quality players capable off.

Yes ; it was a shock to see  pioneer outsource an oem to sony of all people :) I bought the 51 but really wanted the step up model with the fancy dacs and multi analog out as the 51 waited interminably for its dts hdma decoder upgrade  ?

You could see the serious players like denon and pioneer as they had tech like denonlink and pqls clocking for the audio ; now that oppo is gone chances are better for sure 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, wooferocau said:

YESSS!! ?

am wondering if the next moon to rise will be the big daddy.... say LX800 ? :D

anyways time will tell...

woofer do you know if onkyo were involved with the last LX players or sharp ? as sharp has had a history with pioneer in their blu-ray players and both onkyo pioneer both have same parent now and actively clone rebadging stuff. 

On 14/06/2018 at 9:04 AM, :) al said:

anyways time will tell...

woofer do you know if onkyo were involved with the last LX players or sharp ? as sharp has had a history with pioneer in their blu-ray players and both onkyo pioneer both have same parent now and actively clone rebadging stuff. 

al

No, not sure.

I am just hoping that they continue with the same design and quality of the LX88, IF they apply that to the New player i am sure it will be a stunner.

As i have said from the word go, my LX88 is still superior in image quality than either the Oppo 203 or the UB900 when it comes to DVD and BlyRay playback.....:)

Edited by wooferocau
  • Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 9:04 AM, :) al said:

Don't know either Al but resources have been combined like denon/Marantz I imagine ? The more R&D the better . 

Over the next 30 days or so Onkyo and Pioneer will finalize the agreement, and by the end of our fiscal year in March 2015, Pioneer and Onkyo would have a full integration plan in place."

When I questioned Johnston about how long it would take before the next generation of Pioneer products would reflect the changes now taking place he said, "If you were looking at a traditional planning process, the 2016 products are close to being finished right now."

https://www.cnet.com/news/pioneer-electronics-onkyo-combine-to-keep-pace-with-competition/

Edited by cwt

has emerged from the wild, with a showing at a japanese festival,

udp-lx500.jpg

http://www.insideci.co.uk/news/pioneer-previews-udp-lx500-4k-uhd-blu-ray-player.aspx

this article below suggests a more upmarket one in the lx700 still to come, and shows DV on the back panel,

pioneer_udp_lx500_17_06_18_2.jpg

pioneer_udp_lx500_17_06_18_3.jpg

pioneer_udp_lx500_17_06_18_2.jpghttps://tech4u.it/20136-pioneer-udp-lx500-lettore-universale-dolby-vision-ma-non-hi-end/

given no XLR's on back of this one, do indeed suspect there will be still another to come... hopefully with sacd/dvda capability as well.

also now listed on their heritage page,

http://jp.pioneer-audiovisual.com/bdlx/

• Administrator

OPPO's departure from the market sure upset Blu-ray consumers around the globe earlier this year. The shock announcement no doubt pushed production schedules of other manufacturers into overdrive, and Pioneer has come to the 4K Blu-ray player party.

View the full article

@Marc do you know if it will be a true "universal" disc spinner like the oppo. eating hats aside :D it would be great if it were. I cant see sacd/dvd-a logos on this one, but it might be an early sample and some pioneers have been in the past. so we can only hope.

some of us are wondering of the 2nd moon rising and unveiling off the 2nd article in the background. some rumours it will be a full flagship lx700 with XLRs etc as oppo 205 flagship has.

• Administrator

Nothing I have been told is confirmed, just 'alleged' but I have said all I can say.

Pioneer always play their cards very close to their chest.

It is officially called a Universal Disc Player though, so there has to be something in that.

There is definitely another item that has not been revealed at all and like you, I suspect it to be a flagship within the LX range.

• Like 2

Came across some intriguing tidbits :) That's the 2nd independent site that says its a true universal Al :phone: NDA;s may have been broken Marc ??  

https://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?dl=en&lp=JA_EN&mkt=en-AU&ref=SERP&refd=www.bing.com&r=true&a=https%3A%2F%2Fmatomend.com%2F2018%2F06%2F16%2Fpioneer-udp-lx500-%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E5%88%9D%E3%81%AEuhd-bd%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A4%E3%83%BC%E3%80%81ototen%E3%81%A7%E5%8F%82%E8%80%83%E5%87%BA%E5%B1%95%EF%BC%81%2F

Hmm dedicated audio playback over LAN . Will it handle video files as well ? Intriguing..

Edited by cwt
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, cwt said:

Came across some intriguing tidbits :) That's the 2nd independent site that says its a true universal Al :phone: NDA;s may have been broken Marc ??  

hope so. they are calling it a UDP ie universal disc player... I hope that is indeed universal... but unless they have a model with XLRs I doubt those with their 205s be too keen to give them up just yet :D 

ps I'll merge this thread with the original one we had going already :)

30 minutes ago, :) al said:

hope so. they are calling it a UDP ie universal disc player... I hope that is indeed universal... but unless they have a model with XLRs I doubt those with their 205s be too keen to give them up just yet :D 

ps I'll merge this thread with the original one we had going already :)

Hmm; have pioneer ever used ESS sabre dacs ? Maybe with previous fave Wolfsohn having been swallowed whole by CirrusLogic the chances are good for some smooth TI/Burr browns :whistle: We need to see the analog stages in any case  and indeed oppo has had several models improving each time :aww:

We have it guys, from our friends at avs, someone took a close up of the unit there are the sacd and dvda logos 

pioneer is indeed filling the oppo void...now all is needed is the suggested lx700? all out XLR model to take up where the oppo 205 leaves off ...

9_DE1_BE25-586_C-4_ABC-_A34_A-_BE299_BD5

• Like 4

We have it guys, from our friends at avs, someone took a close up of the unit there are the sacd and dvda logos 

pioneer is indeed filling the oppo void...now all is needed is the suggested lx700? all out XLR model to take up where the oppo 205 leaves off ...

9_DE1_BE25-586_C-4_ABC-_A34_A-_BE299_BD5_DE04.jpg&key=a33cb02d2f00013cdfb5acb2cb9e993c98e0490eeddf06ca177c1c9025ad4ed5

If only they took a photo of the back...

38 minutes ago, Raffinator said:

If only they took a photo of the back...

scroll up... scroll up...

we do have some from further up in the thread :)

not a full shot mind, just what sneaky cam shot they could get i guess with something hooked up and on display :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Raffinator said:

No XLR emoji22.png

rumoured possibly still to come... with the 2nd moon rising...

lets see

...it could also be a model down...

though all previous flagship pio universals have had XLRs.

• 4 weeks later...

well launching in us at cedia october, $999

as posted by robert from value electronics in the us,

https://www.valueelectronics.com/Pioneer_UDP-LX500.html

hope they make it our way, including hopefully an upper model with XLRs to compete with/replace the oppo 205...

• Like 1