SOLD: FS: EOI Original JPS Abyss 1266 headphones

SOLD

Item: non-phi. Abyss 1266 Lite in mint condition - Lite edition is the exact same headphone as Deluxe but does not come with the JPS man bag and comes with a different cable.
Price:  $4000 + shipping + this will come with the original JPS cable as well as this custom copper cable (photographed) from impact audio which uses OCC copper - $500aud value

I will also include some home made fuzzors that basically turn the OG into the Phi - improved lower mid clarity, slight tightening and reduction in bass quantity, upper mids harshness reduced.

I also have another headband if you want to make your own smaller headband.
Item Condition: 9/10 - basically as new condition, one tiny little mark on the rim, hard to photograph but otherwise perfect. non smoking home, always kept in box or on stand.

I am the original buyer from addicted to audio and paid over $6000aud
Reason for selling: moving to speakers
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, bank transfer,
Extra Info: I have owned a lot of headphones, the Abyss has a level of staging, imaging and layering that is as close to speakers as any headphone has gotten for me.

My pricing is reflective of the Phi upgrade. which will cost you around $2000aud direct with JPS. My abyss + phi upgrade and shipping will cost you around $1k less than a phi new (7000aud).

I tried the phi in house and the differences are subtle, I don't think it was worth the $2000 upgrade especially once you upgrade the original to a better cable and modify with the fuzzor.

Further: This is only an expression of interest, as much as selling the abyss will help me upgrade my system I can't imagine not having it when I can't use speakers.

Pictures:

IMG_20180428_151306.jpg

IMG_20180428_151419.jpg

IMG_20180428_151634.jpg

IMG_20180428_151328.jpg

defect at 2 o clock visible here. I could cover it up with pen but it is slightly rough.

• 4 weeks later...