Spotify Webplayer. Edge Vs Firefox. (Very strange.)

LHH

So, something weird is happening...

I use Spotify's free service, through the web-player, for music discovery. I probably only listen for a couple of hours a week, but recently I've switched from Firefox to Edge (because Spotify through Firefox has started stopping after every song), and I find that Spotify through Edge sounds substantially worse than Spotify through Firefox. It makes no sense to me at all -- surely they should sound the same?

Spotify through Edge sounds...I don't know...less coherent or something. The music just doesn't seem to flow in the same way.

Has anyone else had this experience or do I need to visit my doctor and have my head checked?

Edited by LHH

16 minutes ago, Satanica said:

Why not use the Windows Spotify application? 

I could try that. I stopped using a while back after it started "updating" (to the same version as was already installed) every time I tried to run it.

Tried the app again. Reinstalled itself, as usual, but does sound better than both Firefox and Edge. Still, curious as to why Firefox might sound better than Edge. Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, LHH said:

Still, curious as to why Firefox might sound better than Edge. Any thoughts?

I think by default high quality 320kbps MP3 rate might be switched off. Perhaps you have that setting on for Firefox but not for Edge. 

I haven't tried Edge but did develop the same problem with Firefox.

I use the browser player because that way I can jump to any song which the mobile app won't allow me to do (free account).

I assume the PC app would have the same limitation?

i stream spotify via my laptop(windows 7) to my stereo system,have not had any problems,super fast skipping from track to track or album to album,had pandora before they pulled out of australia but much prefer spotify as it has not failed me yet when i search for some rare recordings.