Sign in to follow this  
MaCca69

Aaron ATS-4 loud speakers? any owners?

Does anyone here own these speakers? what class are they in? can they been compared to such speakers like wharfedale diamonds? they seem as if they are well respected within the audio community? 

8 minutes ago, MaCca69 said:

they seem as if they are well respected within the audio community? 

They are and quite nice speakers... punch above their value as many locally produced speakers do. Known to be quite bassy if that is your thing.

JSmith :ninja:

10 minutes ago, JSmith said:

They are and quite nice speakers... punch above their value as many locally produced speakers do. Known to be quite bassy if that is your thing.

what would you compare them too? accusound? 

8 minutes ago, MaCca69 said:

what would you compare them too? accusound? 

At the very least...

I have the ATS-5. I have made a few changes as recommended on this forum. They are certainly a bargain for what you get. I like them for rock/ metal music in particular. I find the bass to be a bit too much to live with on a day to day basis so I use them occasionally rather than as my main speakers 

I had a pair of ATS-5 speakers for 9 years. I found that with the right amplification they were great. They’re a big box so can provide a lot of bass - that’s an upside to floorstanders.
I had mine paired with an entry level NAD C340 amp, then up to the more powerful NAD C372 amp, then briefly with a Musical Fidelity pre-power combo.
The Musical Fidelity match was great, it really brought out the best in them across the range.
I had a pair of Warfdale 9.1 diamond bookshelf speaker in another setup, so not a fair comparison, but if was given the choice between the 2, I would go for the Aaron’s.
I heard a pair of Focal 807 bookshelf speakers in my setup and they are a terrific bookshelf speaker - also cost twice as much as the Aaron’s - and to my ears, the extra bass of the Aaron’s rounded out the whole sound better. Their upper and mid ranges were not as refined as the Focals, but for overall sound, the Aaron’s edged them.
For the money, they are good. Good amplification will make them sing.