Sign in to follow this  
blakey72

Best entry level turntable?

On 26/04/2018 at 7:57 AM, aussievintage said:

The OP said they had credit at a hifi store and listed the ONLY tables they can choose from.  Not much point in recommending outside those parameters is there?

The comments on those parameters have been made. Nothing wrong with throwing in a few alternatives as well. As somebody said, maybe use the credit for another cartridge and work from there.

May I please ask - did you make a decision on what to get for old mate next door?  

The only reason why I ask is because I need to purchase an entry level turntable within the next month or so and so far am liking the look of the Pioneer PL-30.  They're just under $500 brand new (recently discounted from ~$600) and I'm quite attracted to it's fully automatic operation.  

I was also looking at the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable with Ortofon OM10 Cart for around the same price.

Am interested in what you guys decide!

15 hours ago, misspennyjean said:

May I please ask - did you make a decision on what to get for old mate next door?  

The only reason why I ask is because I need to purchase an entry level turntable within the next month or so and so far am liking the look of the Pioneer PL-30.  They're just under $500 brand new (recently discounted from ~$600) and I'm quite attracted to it's fully automatic operation.  

I was also looking at the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable with Ortofon OM10 Cart for around the same price.

@blakey72

15 hours ago, misspennyjean said:

Hi misspennyjean. I wouldn't touch the Pioneer personally. Not really a good design. My mate ended up with one of these:

https://www.vinylrevival.com.au/collections/turntables/products/project-debut-carbon-dc-turntable-inc-ortofon-2m-red-limited-edition