Thoughts on Omega full range speakers

Hi

I am considering these speaker: https://omegaloudspeakers.com/collections/monitor-speakers/products/super-7-monitor-speaker?variant=32164679756

After some consideration with my current system that includes a Rega Brio amp with some Dali 400 floor standers I have decided to go for a smaller speaker that will have better clarity and possibly work better in my space. I feel the Dali's are too big for my space.

I came across the above Omega full range speakers and they sparked my interest for their small cabinet size and from what I can find by other uses they are very fast, detail and musical little speakers that do not sacrifice too much bass for a full range speaker. They also seem good value at around A$1250 and hand made in the US. I'm wondering if anyone else has had any experience with these Omegas or any others in their range and can chime in on there impressions? Lots of owners in the US seem to rave about them and suggest they can make you reconsider what full range speakers are capable of. I actually don't have any experience with full range speakers but from what I understand they can have beautiful mid range and image well.

They look nice enough. It’s a bit of a risk getting them all the way from US without hearing them. Fullrange Speakers can give wonderful midrange and stunning imaging, but their drawbacks can be insufficient bass and uneven response.

There is a pair of VAF I91 in the used section which are a proper two way design and also consider other Australian made speakers where parts and servicing will be easier.

The Kef LS50 is also worth looking at $1500 rrp on sale.

Edited by Al.M

I also owned @TubularbellsOmegas.

They are much larger and provide more bass, they also had a more expensive driver.

The model you are looking at is much smaller and won't provide deep bass. 

Full range aren't to everyone's taste so I think for a small speaker an all rounder like the LS50 is a much safer option, plus you can have a demo before you buy.

After everyones comments I am not sure about risking the Omegas without a trial. I am interested in anyones thoughts on a small speaker with the qualities the Kef ls50 offer but can be placed close to a wall and still sound great. I have to admit that I don't love the look of the Ls50s. I enjoy a more classic looking speaker preferably with a timber veneer. Also I have a 5 year old little fella that will love poking the ls50 driver. I also need something that my 50w Rega Brio will drive with ease. Will a sealed speaker be better close to the wall? 

These might fit the bill but a little bit more expensive:

https://www.buchardtaudio.com/shop-1/s400-white-pair-pre-order-discount-bbpwd-efmb2-2hpdh-dzsk6

Sealed design using a passive radiator. Should be fine close to a wall.

Their previous speaker, the S300 reviewed really well. There's also a sale on for these.

18 hours ago, Mungbean66 said:

These might fit the bill but a little bit more expensive:

https://www.buchardtaudio.com/shop-1/s400-white-pair-pre-order-discount-bbpwd-efmb2-2hpdh-dzsk6

Sealed design using a passive radiator. Should be fine close to a wall.

Their previous speaker, the S300 reviewed really well. There's also a sale on for these.

They look nice! Wide dispersion so the sweet spot is broad and can sit close to the wall. Plus they  offer free shipping and  a 30 day trail period worldwide with free shipping back if you don't like them.

13 minutes ago, DdDesign said:

They look nice! Wide dispersion so the sweet spot is broad and can sit close to the wall. Plus they  offer free shipping and  a 30 day trail period worldwide with free shipping back if you don't like them.

They do look very tempting. Are there any user reviews?

4 minutes ago, Al.M said:

If you looking at Vandersteen floorstanders at $2k, your boundaries have changed so what is the max budget, new or used, size of room etc?

Yeh the budget is creeping up. Ha! Well I'm not in a rush and can save my pennies. I'm liking the look of the Buchardt's more than the vandersteens because they are small, offer wide dispersion and can be placed close to the wall. Their price is out of my reach for now, but I can save and keep researching.

In the meantime I have hooked up a set of small Rega Kyte speakers with the rega brio and I am loving the highs and mids of these little babies. I previously had them in a second system with a small cambridge audio amp and they were okay, but the rega amp has bought them to life. Maybe its Rega synergy? Like other rega speakers they seem fine close to a wall. They do lack bass for my 3.6x 7m space though and probably not in the same class as the Bucharest's, but a good stop gap in any case. They are a very musical little speaker. Not much on the net: http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/bookshelf-speakers/rega/kyte.html

10 hours ago, PKay said:

They do look very tempting. Are there any user reviews?

Not yet.

There are people's inpressions of them on forums and their website.  Some bloke in Europe has a YouTube video on them.

The speaker is ready for shipping in June according to Buchardt's website.