Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
oztheatre

JVC X7900 and X9900 specials

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, oztheatre said:

No really poor, worse than the 7900 to 9900. The middle model always has sold better for us, other dealers im sure sell more of the entry level ones though.

Oh ok fair enough. I think when I upgrade my x35 i would go for a mid range jvc if I do indeed stay with jvc. Like the 7 series. Need to start saving up. Question is my screen is like a cheaper showtime fixed screen will going to a 7 series jvc still produce a much better image ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah your screen will be fine mate dont worry about that. you'll see the 7900 especially the increase in native contrast and brightness too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Oh ok fair enough. I think when I upgrade my x35 i would go for a mid range jvc if I do indeed stay with jvc. Like the 7 series. Need to start saving up. Question is my screen is like a cheaper showtime fixed screen will going to a 7 series jvc still produce a much better image ?

i found the x7000 a good jump up all around from x35 with existing screen.... but it is also quite a jump up price wise :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, :) al said:

i found the x7000 a good jump up all around from x35 with existing screen.... but it is also quite a jump up price wise :D

Thanks Al. Was it much brighter?

 

From initial use of my x35 I feel I could use a slightly brighter image :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


37 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Thanks Al. Was it much brighter?

 

From initial use of my x35 I feel I could use a slightly brighter image :)

have you setup your x35 properly as yet with light meter ? as just matter of setting output. depends on your lamp ofcourse where its at in its life (how many hours ?). if you check with the light meter and cant achieve 12-16 FL middle of screen possibly lamp at end of life or too big a screen or projector too far away for what need.

 

yes the x7000 series have heaps of output as they need for uhd. but you might not need it and infact they come with 2 iris which are quite effective in shutting down so get the right output on screen :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, :) al said:

have you setup your x35 properly as yet with light meter ? as just matter of setting output. depends on your lamp ofcourse where its at in its life (how many hours ?). if you check with the light meter and cant achieve 12-16 FL middle of screen possibly lamp at end of life or too big a screen or projector too far away for what need.

 

yes the x7000 series have heaps of output as they need for uhd. but you might not need it and infact they come with 2 iris which are quite effective in shutting down so get the right output on screen :)

I haven’t done the light test yet. I have the i1 display pro and a tripod was thinking to try this first? Using hcfc or calman

 

Lamp is 110 hours

Edited by k3nnis888

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, k3nnis888 said:

I haven’t done the light test yet. I have the i1 display pro and a tripod was thinking to try this first? Using hcfc or calman

 

Lamp is 110 hours

for calibration ? 

 

I woudl be setting output first take grand total of about less than one minute of your time, 

 

I wouldnt personally be calibrating with only 110 hours would give a bit more, as tends to take a little bit to settle down. on my x35 was more like 250 hours or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes for calibration. You recommend doing the light test first? 

 

Can I pick up the meter from a retail store? Was thinking to get one over the weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Yes for calibration. You recommend doing the light test first? 

 

Can I pick up the meter from a retail store? Was thinking to get one over the weekend. 

even with the jvc autocal using the meter you set levels etc prior have to do the basics ! 

 

not sure on other meters, but I have already pointed you to meter I use and not aware of it sold in stores or anything. unless have a RS electronics outlet close by and no idea if they open on weekends.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks will have a search. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


29 minutes ago, :) al said:

ive had two of them and found they were 4-6 fc out ! which is a lot :D 

Oh better skip it then lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to check if this special is still available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, James Belsey said:

Just wanted to check if this special is still available?

Yes mate still on for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

there is still stock down at JVC Kenwood so sale prices still in place.

 

White X7900's have a little further discount too on these prices too @ $5890 delivered.

 

Regards,
Rich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Richard - do you recommend and motorised projector lifts for the JVC models. Also any idea when the new N5 projector is due to be released and pricing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PerryV said:

Hi Richard - do you recommend and motorised projector lifts for the JVC models. Also any idea when the new N5 projector is due to be released and pricing.

Hi mate, well not really.. I guess they are used by some.. but keep in mind the projector when not in use will be in a box in the roof where it's pretty hot and dusty most of the time. I would simply use a projector mount and hang it from the ceiling, unless it absoltely has to vanish when not being used?

 

Nah nothing on the new series at this point, they're tight lipped until all the old stock is sold off... Makes it harder than other years as we're going from 2K e-shift machines to native 4K, nobody's going to want the 'old ones' unless they know better like many of us on here do.. with the right price point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By walpataca
      Price: $400 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: East Lindfield State: New South Wales Payment Method: Bank Transfer, Cash Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
      Designed to ensure the absolute best coupling between your speaker terminals these jumpers are in excellent condition with locking banana connectors.
      I have moved to non-biwired speakers, hence NLR.

      This is the Stradivarius Cremona Edition
      #8 AWG Silver / Copper Conductors Rhodium/Silver Carbon Fibre locking Banana Connectors "Cryo Treated in Cold Fusion"
      Can post Australia wide (at buyers cost) or collection can be arranged from Upper North Shore on evenings or weekends.
       
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By Sam85
      Price: $2599 Item Condition: Like New Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Glen Waverley State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Backup iMac Further information: 
       
      This iMac is in Excellent Condition, purchased at 04/2018 from Apple Store

      Comes with usb charging cable, Apple Magic Keyboard and Mouse.

      Screen is perfect, no scratch or bad dot.

      Still have original box and warranty till 17/04/2020.

      Upgraded to 32G ram from Apple when purchased


      Specs

      Processor: 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

      Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400 MHz

      Storage: 1TB Fusion Drive

      Graphics: Radeon Pro 575 4G


      Located in South East Melbourne

      Cash on pick up
       
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.





    • By Gdogg
      Price: $10300 Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, cash on pickup Reason for selling: To buy stereo gear Further information: 
       
      Leica 50mm Noctilux 0.95 - Mint Condition - 11602
      Leica RRP $16000
       
      Model and serial number sticker is dated 28/11/2018
       
      Lens is used but in excellent, as new condition and functions as it should.
      Purchased locally in Melbourne a little over 12 months ago and has only been used a handful of times.
       
      The sale comes with all original retail accessories and packaging, plastic and even the outer brown box.

      Additional extra is a genuine Leica UV filter (Filter UVa II, E60 - 13039).

      $10000 Cash on pickup
       
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.




    • By morls
      Price: $450 Item Condition: Used, Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Blackburnb State: Victoria Payment Method: C.O.D. Reason for selling: Upgrading to AR3a These speakers are in very good condition. The tweeters have a couple of dimples but this doesn't affect the sound IMO. I've been using these as studio monitors for a number of years, and they are a great sounding speaker. I have recently begun restoring a pair of AR3a speakers, so these are looking for a new home.
      They need plenty of power, rated down to 4 ohms or lower (currently driven by an Anthem MCA20). 
      Very clean, kept in a smoke-free studio. Original packaging and documentation.
      Pickup preferred in Eastern suburbs, Melbourne. Shipping at buyer's expense can be arranged.
      Thanks for looking.

       
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.















    • By Gav67
      Price: $110 Item Condition: 7/10 good Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: PayPal, EFT Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Cable has not been used for several years as my system issues balanced cables Further information: Local Pickup preferred, but will ship at buyers expense.
       
      Transparent Audio cable with network technology to improve transmission and for noise rejection.  Includes original packaging.
       
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.



×
×
  • Create New...