Sign in to follow this  
oztheatre

JVC X7900 and X9900 specials

4 hours ago, oztheatre said:

No really poor, worse than the 7900 to 9900. The middle model always has sold better for us, other dealers im sure sell more of the entry level ones though.

Oh ok fair enough. I think when I upgrade my x35 i would go for a mid range jvc if I do indeed stay with jvc. Like the 7 series. Need to start saving up. Question is my screen is like a cheaper showtime fixed screen will going to a 7 series jvc still produce a much better image ?

Yeah your screen will be fine mate dont worry about that. you'll see the 7900 especially the increase in native contrast and brightness too.

31 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Oh ok fair enough. I think when I upgrade my x35 i would go for a mid range jvc if I do indeed stay with jvc. Like the 7 series. Need to start saving up. Question is my screen is like a cheaper showtime fixed screen will going to a 7 series jvc still produce a much better image ?

i found the x7000 a good jump up all around from x35 with existing screen.... but it is also quite a jump up price wise :D

2 hours ago, :) al said:

i found the x7000 a good jump up all around from x35 with existing screen.... but it is also quite a jump up price wise :D

Thanks Al. Was it much brighter?

From initial use of my x35 I feel I could use a slightly brighter image :)

37 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Thanks Al. Was it much brighter?

From initial use of my x35 I feel I could use a slightly brighter image :)

have you setup your x35 properly as yet with light meter ? as just matter of setting output. depends on your lamp ofcourse where its at in its life (how many hours ?). if you check with the light meter and cant achieve 12-16 FL middle of screen possibly lamp at end of life or too big a screen or projector too far away for what need.

yes the x7000 series have heaps of output as they need for uhd. but you might not need it and infact they come with 2 iris which are quite effective in shutting down so get the right output on screen :)

21 minutes ago, :) al said:

have you setup your x35 properly as yet with light meter ? as just matter of setting output. depends on your lamp ofcourse where its at in its life (how many hours ?). if you check with the light meter and cant achieve 12-16 FL middle of screen possibly lamp at end of life or too big a screen or projector too far away for what need.

yes the x7000 series have heaps of output as they need for uhd. but you might not need it and infact they come with 2 iris which are quite effective in shutting down so get the right output on screen :)

I haven’t done the light test yet. I have the i1 display pro and a tripod was thinking to try this first? Using hcfc or calman

Lamp is 110 hours

Edited by k3nnis888

1 hour ago, k3nnis888 said:

I haven’t done the light test yet. I have the i1 display pro and a tripod was thinking to try this first? Using hcfc or calman

Lamp is 110 hours

for calibration ? 

I woudl be setting output first take grand total of about less than one minute of your time, 

I wouldnt personally be calibrating with only 110 hours would give a bit more, as tends to take a little bit to settle down. on my x35 was more like 250 hours or so. 

Yes for calibration. You recommend doing the light test first? 

Can I pick up the meter from a retail store? Was thinking to get one over the weekend. 

2 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Yes for calibration. You recommend doing the light test first? 

Can I pick up the meter from a retail store? Was thinking to get one over the weekend. 

even with the jvc autocal using the meter you set levels etc prior have to do the basics ! 

not sure on other meters, but I have already pointed you to meter I use and not aware of it sold in stores or anything. unless have a RS electronics outlet close by and no idea if they open on weekends.  

Ok thanks will have a search. 

29 minutes ago, :) al said:

ive had two of them and found they were 4-6 fc out ! which is a lot :D 

Oh better skip it then lol

Just wanted to check if this special is still available?

39 minutes ago, James Belsey said:

Just wanted to check if this special is still available?

Yes mate still on for now.

Hi All,

there is still stock down at JVC Kenwood so sale prices still in place.

White X7900's have a little further discount too on these prices too @ $5890 delivered.

Regards,
Rich

Hi Richard - do you recommend and motorised projector lifts for the JVC models. Also any idea when the new N5 projector is due to be released and pricing.

20 hours ago, PerryV said:

Hi Richard - do you recommend and motorised projector lifts for the JVC models. Also any idea when the new N5 projector is due to be released and pricing.

Hi mate, well not really.. I guess they are used by some.. but keep in mind the projector when not in use will be in a box in the roof where it's pretty hot and dusty most of the time. I would simply use a projector mount and hang it from the ceiling, unless it absoltely has to vanish when not being used?

Nah nothing on the new series at this point, they're tight lipped until all the old stock is sold off... Makes it harder than other years as we're going from 2K e-shift machines to native 4K, nobody's going to want the 'old ones' unless they know better like many of us on here do.. with the right price point.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)