Niagra 1000 power strip

Guest scumbag

Guest scumbag

Has anyone seen one of these beasts in the wild? I am trying to find out whether anybody stocks them in AUS. I can't see anything on the Aussie distributors website so I am guessing that AQ has decided to not make an AUS variant for the time being. John Darko gives this a rave review as do others. Has anyone gotten their mitts on one to have a listen?

https://www.audioquest.com/ac-power/ac-power-conditioners/niagara-1000#!/reviews

Mark

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, scumbag said:

Has anyone seen one of these beasts in the wild? I am trying to find out whether anybody stocks them in AUS. I can't see anything on the Aussie distributors website so I am guessing that AQ has decided to not make an AUS variant for the time being. John Darko gives this a rave review as do others. Has anyone gotten their mitts on one to have a listen?

https://www.audioquest.com/ac-power/ac-power-conditioners/niagara-1000#!/reviews

Mark

sb, I have a Niagara 5000 - 230 volts with US plugs which was purchased in Singapore. Not sure if they offer Niagara's in Aussie plugs.

From what I have heard in my system (and other people that I trust) - they (the 1,000 - 5,000 and 7,000 models) really work well. I was astounded and keeping mine.

Comments I made at link below.

Guest scumbag

Got this back from a the Asia Pacific Sales Manager at AQ:

"Hi Mark, 

Thank You for contacting me at AudioQuest. 

We have not started selling the Niagara 1000 as we are currently working with the local authorities and hope to bring the Niagara to the Australia soon. A rough timeline would be the second half or the year or perhaps early next year. When that happens, the local distributor would announce on their website and social media perhaps you could check back at a later time as well.

Thank you for your keen interest and support of AudioQuest products."

2 hours ago, scumbag said:

Got this back from a the Asia Pacific Sales Manager at AQ:

"Hi Mark, 

Thank You for contacting me at AudioQuest. 

We have not started selling the Niagara 1000 as we are currently working with the local authorities and hope to bring the Niagara to the Australia soon. A rough timeline would be the second half or the year or perhaps early next year. When that happens, the local distributor would announce on their website and social media perhaps you could check back at a later time as well.

Thank you for your keen interest and support of AudioQuest products."

The wait will be worth it......!

Guest scumbag
2 hours ago, darthlaker said:

The wait will be worth it......!

I have a feeling these are NOT going to be cheap by the time they hit our shores. Oh, well better start saving I suppose!

Mark

13 hours ago, scumbag said:

I have a feeling these are NOT going to be cheap by the time they hit our shores. Oh, well better start saving I suppose!

Mark

I can imagine. Lovely Oz mark-ups! If you ever want to go down the US plugs route please just PM me.

Guest scumbag
42 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

Be Interesting to see how they compare tbe the equivalent isotek strip (sirius?) ? 

Yes, totally sirius! 

The AQ seems to be on a positive wave of reviews at the moment. I guess it's the new kid on the block. A comparison GTG would be great! 

NOTE: Several puns in there. 

I just ordered 2 of these BTW: https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ac-ipurifier/

Don't die wondering as @Darren69 would say. They are US plugs though but that's fine as I got one of those Consonance power strips with the universal plugs. 

Edited by scumbag

Speaking of mark up from Audioquest, inquired from a retailer about these to upgrade my Audioquest Cheetah rca cables. Do note the US price, AU price DBS Black $145 each and DBS Carbon $235 each. We checked with the rep, so when these power boards arrive on our shores don’t be surprised as they will not be cheap. 

Neo

8F8A2434-454E-4F2C-850F-C8AE70E8EE42.jpeg

Guest scumbag
6 minutes ago, Neo said:

Speaking of mark up from Audioquest, inquired from a retailer about these to upgrade my Audioquest Cheetah rca cables. Do note the US price, AU price DBS Black $145 each and DBS Carbon $235 each. We checked with the rep, so when these power boards arrive on our shores don’t be surprised as they will not be cheap. 

Neo

If you are in a competition to see who can have the biggest signature picture, you win.

Guest scumbag
7 minutes ago, Neo said:

Neo

8F8A2434-454E-4F2C-850F-C8AE70E8EE42.jpeg

Basically take the US retail price, double it and add a little bit as a rule of thumb. It's amazing how often that's the case ?

So let's work this out.

You buy it from the US manufacturer at a discount. Then you add freight, then add 5% of that total for Duty and then 10% for GST. Still hard to work our why things are 110% plus on the US price though.

Just now, scumbag said:

Basically take the US retail price, double it and add a little bit as a rule of thumb. It's amazing how often that's the case ?

So let's work this out.

You buy it from the US manufacturer at a discount. Then you add freight, then add 5% of that total for Duty and then 10% for GST. Still hard to work our why things are 110% plus on the US price though.

We did chase the rep for Audioquest with the retailer and he confirmed that the au price were not a mistake

Guest scumbag
Just now, Neo said:

Oh that’s the in dash tachometer on my Mini Cooper? 

Oh, is it life size? I know those Mini's are getting bigger and bigger with each model. Issigonis would turn in his grave.

Guest scumbag

Image result for mini cooper new compared original

The challenge of designing the Mini was engineering a car that would seat four passengers and their luggage in a package not to exceed ten feet in length. Issigonis also insisted that no less than 80% of the car’s volume be dedicated to passengers and luggage.