Anyone heard these $20,000 speakers

Sorry, I misread the ad, it is indeed $300,000 but an optional extra $20,000 if you want the active crossover and amps. 

Hmmm decisions, decisions, do i get the matching xovers and amps or save $20K and just wing it on my $300,000 boxes and drivers?

13 hours ago, mwhouston said:

Has focal drivers that's for sure. Looks like Focals. 

The first 2 photos look like they have Focal drivers , but the ad also says "*PLEASE NOTE FIRST TWO 3D PHOTOS ARE FOR DEMONSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY AND MAY NOT REPRESENT THE ACTUAL PRODUCT IN DETAIL*

The other 2 photos appear to be of the actual speakers and look more like typical pro audio drivers with a ribbon tweeter (IMHO).

Personally I think he may need to drop 2 zeros from the price

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

16 hours ago, Tweaky said:

Those are so badly photoshopped, it took me a 2 second look to spot fake.

Honestly, take the Photoshopped test, I think it's needed.

https://landing.adobe.com/en/na/products/creative-cloud/69308-real-or-photoshop/index.html

TIP: Unnatural shadows and reflections are the biggest give away.

Do you mean the first two photos or the second two?

The first two.

All those photos need is Donald Trump standing next to them to complete the unbelievability of the photos, and subsequently the whole ad, even if the latter photos are legit.

Where are they based? Nigeria?

Guest Peter the Greek

They should be some damn fine sounding speakers.....but gee, interesting marketing strategy.

4 hours ago, Tweaky said:

The first two.

All those photos need is Donald Trump standing next to them to complete the unbelievability of the photos, and subsequently the whole ad, even if the latter photos are legit.

Where are they based? Nigeria?

"PLEASE NOTE FIRST TWO 3D PHOTOS ARE FOR DEMONSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY AND MAY NOT REPRESENT THE ACTUAL PRODUCT IN DETAIL"

Does this not compute?

Guest yamaha_man

I actually had a listen to these today and was blown away! Lowballed him an offer of 200k but he declined. 

14 minutes ago, yamaha_man said:

I actually had a listen to these today and was blown away! Lowballed him an offer of 200k but he declined. 

you bastard!!   you gazumped me as I offered 195k and he said he was thinking about a 200k offer.  It was you :blink:

• Like 1

am pretty sure I saw len wallis post on facebook last week ? about some focal grand utopias he's received,

so why would anyone buy some $300k look alikes off gum tree  when can buy the real thing for a lot cheaper :D 

22 hours ago, Tweaky said:

Honestly, take the Photoshopped test, I think it's needed.

https://landing.adobe.com/en/na/products/creative-cloud/69308-real-or-photoshop/index.html

look all very real to me :D 

just depends what fantasy world live in I think.... ? 

• Like 1