jkn

Satori 2018

1 hour ago, Peter the Greek said:

Will DEQX "correct" or "smooth" that out?

"Doing" the smoothing it out is trivial....  the more complex question is which bits should be adjusted, and by how much (if any at all).   A perfectly flat line is nice to see, but it's important to keep in mind what it represents (or doesn't).   A single point in space, of all the sound summed over time .... delayed, reflected/diffracted sound from the environment.

1 hour ago, jkn said:

I have done some setting this morning

Good progress.  You work fast  :) 

Can you tell us, for the individual driver measurements ... how were they taken?   I assume the microphone was placed close to each driver?    If so, do you input any other microphone measurements into the DEQX for it to calculate it's correction filter(s)?   Like individual driver responses at the listen position, or the overall summed response at the listening position?

Does the DEQX sum and average out a number of measurement positions?

@jkn whats the smoothing the DEQX applies to the measurements? can you change it like REW? (sorry for the pedantic questions, I've been toying with buying one)

1 hour ago, CamSemp said:

Just wondering if you coated the ply with a clear coat or something?

Ok Sorry  > the ply comes with veneer and also painted with clear  

5 hours ago, davewantsmoore said:

Good progress.  You work fast  :) 

Can you tell us, for the individual driver measurements ... how were they taken?   I assume the microphone was placed close to each driver?    If so, do you input any other microphone measurements into the DEQX for it to calculate it's correction filter(s)?   Like individual driver responses at the listen position, or the overall summed response at the listening position?

Yes I need to as I have only a few days of work 

OK, you are right the 3 drivers measurements (3 WAY) are taken on an axis of the individual driver at distance 100mm

Measurement for the filter is taken on axis with the tweeter at 0.8m

meas_cal.jpg

As I mentioned (I think in this thread) I do not use close measurements for calibration file in multiple (driver) enclosures. Single box (sub) close measurement is fine. 

Edited by jkn

1 hour ago, Peter the Greek said:

Does the DEQX sum and average out a number of measurement positions?

@jkn whats the smoothing the DEQX applies to the measurements? can you change it like REW? (sorry for the pedantic questions, I've been toying with buying one)

I don't think DEQX does a sum of the measurement positions you have to take them your self if you like. You can do smoothing in DEQX but as I sad before the scale and measurements /graphs look a bit different compared to other software    

cal5a.jpg

cal5.jpg

cal5b.jpg

Edited by jkn