Satori 2018

jkn

12 hours ago, jkn said:

it was my favorite sounding tweeter from the lot     

at the beginning it was my as well but longer you listening to it more you realize there's something little strange, may be that's why they came up with Crescendo and that's what I've chosen for my build, same seas character but much more balanced/even sounding, nothing standing out and it nicely disappear if properly matched with mid...

15 hours ago, kukynas said:

at the beginning it was my as well but longer you listening to it more you realize there's something little strange, may be that's why they came up with Crescendo and that's what I've chosen for my build, same seas character but much more balanced/even sounding, nothing standing out and it nicely disappear if properly matched with mid...

Good point I remember that T 25 was easier to cross lower then crescendo T25 1600 crescendo 2500 but anyway very good sounding drivers. A few weeks back I had a chance to listen to Seas T29D 001 as my friend bought a 2 pairs for his system sounded pretty good but I wish I had it at home for more evaluation/testing  but 10k for a pair of tweeters is just insane 

Edited by jkn

40 minutes ago, Peter the Greek said:

Far out .... that tweeter

@JNK would you mind expanding on the purpose of the concrete? 

I have built a few boxes in the past some which were light using just one layer of  MDF/PLY some heavier using thicker ply and some really heavy using several layers of ply/MDF and It seems that more rigid /damped/heavy boxes performed better so I have decided to use concrete this time around and also because I have decided to use separate enclosure for each driver.   

Guest Peter the Greek

Great, thanks - I like it.

I'll keep this in mind for my build, should I be provided the time at some point!

3 hours ago, jkn said:

BTW Phil bought 2 pairs for his dipole running them in opposite direction so 2 two per side  !! 

Of the Seas Excel?   :-S

I'm sure it has great CSD and non-linear distortion ..... but the response chart is not at all inspiring.

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:55 PM, jkn said:

Good point I remember that T 25 was easier to cross lower then crescendo T25 1600 crescendo 2500 but anyway very good sounding drivers. 

yep, penalty for 92.5db, mine is crossed at 3.3K so I don't mind...

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, davewantsmoore said:

Of the Seas Excel?   :-S

I'm sure it has great CSD and non-linear distortion ..... but the response chart is not at all inspiring.

for sucha price one would expect bit more :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Bliesma T34A - Tweeter

SB Acoustic (Satori) -2 of 6 1/2" MR16 PNW-8 Midrange

SB Acoustic (Satori) -2 of 9 1/2" WO24P-8 Bass

T34A-4_data.jpg

tw_01.jpg

tw_02.jpg

tw_03.jpg

tw_04.jpg

st_08a.jpg

Edited by jkn
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, CamSemp said:

Wowsers, that's a lot of cutting. What sort of ply have you used? Just butt joins? Can't wait to see how they turn out.

you right a lot of cutting !! I have used 18mm form ply for the internal enclosures and 19 Marine ply (already veneer) on the outside layer

The visual butt join is the 1 1/2 round bit on the front than of course visual joints are on the back of the boxes which does not bother me If I'm happy with the speakers I might do final veneer to the lot..?? maybe that is 

21 hours ago, jkn said:

you right a lot of cutting !! I have used 18mm form ply for the internal enclosures and 19 Marine ply (already veneer) on the outside layer

The visual butt join is the 1 1/2 round bit on the front than of course visual joints are on the back of the boxes which does not bother me If I'm happy with the speakers I might do final veneer to the lot..?? maybe that is 

I don't mind the look of raw ply at all, and quite like the accent of the exposed laminates. 

• Like 1