Fidelizer 8.1 - My 2 Cents

After Keetakawee (Fidelizer developer) answered my many questions, today I received my 8.1pro exe file via email.

On my CAPS I converted back from AudioOptimizer (AO) Core to Gui and installed the 8.1 .exe.

Having the file Software on the screen made things a lot clearer in my mind re set up.   Reading about it is one thing but having it to play with made all the difference to my understanding.  

Keetakawee suggested Purist and Network which I tried first.   All good.    I have since settled on Purist and Audio Player.   Network is working fine in my setup.

I reset AO to Core and went through the AO setup.    It all worked without incident.   I checked Taskmanager and it tells me 8.1pro is working.

Let the music begin.    My instant impression was a real 3D music experience.  Side to side, back to front.   Beautiful separation and air throughout.   As others have mentioned there is a jump in definition and clarity across the music.   My top end has also smoothed out.    The bottom end is clean and defined.  

1 track 'Lorde's - Royals' really showed the improvement in all of the above.    I got my wife in to listen to the track.   It's great pop song but tooooo much bass she said.   I said yes the deep bass is why it is so great.   I loved feeling it.  :D

With the 3D improvement, there is a real texture to the vocals.    Rebecca Ferguson's track Freedom from the 'Freedom' CD is glorious.   A solo vocal with Rebecca on piano.  You can feel/hear her forming the words in this 'Close Mic' track.

As I type I have on the duo/married couple 'Tuck and Patti'  Paradise Found cd.   His acoustic and her vocals are sublime.

So many times in life I have said, "I should have done that earlier".  Installing Fidelizer 8.1pro with AO is one of those times.

I cannot think how spending the $100 (Australian) on the 8.1pro, could have been spent anywhere else and achieved such an improvement.    For those of you running Digital Audio PC systems and not using AO and Fidelizer..........what are you waiting for?

Kudos Keetawakee.   Well done and thanks for the passion you have instilled in your work.

Regards Cazzesman

Edited by cazzesman
  • Like 1

Nice post. Totally agree. The latest version is terrific. I've found that no matter what set-up I'm using, the Purist with Audio setting is the most natural/dynamic. The others sound a little thinner in my system.  

Edited by was_a

After Keetakawee (Fidelizer developer) answered my many questions, today I received my 8.1pro exe file via email.

On my CAPS I converted back from AudioOptimizer (AO) Core to Gui and installed the 8.1 .exe.

Having the file Software on the screen made things a lot clearer in my mind re set up.   Reading about it is one thing but having it to play with made all the difference to my understanding.  

Keetakawee suggested Purist and Network which I tried first.   All good.    I have since settled on Purist and Audio Player.   Network is working fine in my setup.

I reset AO to Core and went through the AO setup.    It all worked without incident.   I checked Taskmanager and it tells me 8.1pro is working.

Let the music begin.    My instant impression was a real 3D music experience.  Side to side, back to front.   Beautiful separation and air throughout.   As others have mentioned there is a jump in definition and clarity across the music.   My top end has also smoothed out.    The bottom end is clean and defined.  

1 track 'Lorde's - Royals' really showed the improvement in all of the above.    I got my wife in to listen to the track.   It's great pop song but tooooo much bass she said.   I said yes the deep bass is why it is so great.   I loved feeling it.  biggrin.png

With the 3D improvement, there is a real texture to the vocals.    Rebecca Ferguson's track Freedom from the 'Freedom' CD is glorious.   A solo vocal with Rebecca on piano.  You can feel/hear her forming the words in this 'Close Mic' track.

As I type I have on the duo/married couple 'Tuck and Patti'  Paradise Found cd.   His acoustic and her vocals are sublime.

So many times in life I have said, "I should have done that earlier".  Installing Fidelizer 8.1pro with AO is one of those times.

I cannot think how spending the $100 (Australian) on the 8.1pro, could have been spent anywhere else and achieved such an improvement.    For those of you running Digital Audio PC systems and not using AO and Fidelizer..........what are you waiting for?

Kudos Keetawakee.   Well done and thanks for the passion you have instilled in your work.

Regards Cazzesman

Yep, Cazzesman, you are correct. It works for me and in just the way you describe.
Where can i get shares in Keetakawee's company? [emoji16]

Wondering if you guys have tried just Fidelizer without AO. What was the difference when the two were run together?. Also, have you compared 7.1 to 8.1.

Edited by Lazz

Hi Lazz,

I can't help you either way.   I always use AO and have done for 3 years in core mode.     8.1 is my first purchase of Fidelizer and every day I smile from ear to ear.   It has truly made a massive difference to the SQ I am getting.    I love it.

What I am itching to do is take my CAPS, Cables and Mutec 3+ USB reclocker to a store that sells the Antipodes DX for a comparison session.    I love what I am hearing with my DIY setup and I want to see what $7000+ gets you.    I should give Sonic Purity a ring as they sell the DX Gen 3 and the Kii 3 so it might be fun.    Expensive possibly if the DX kicks my DIY backside ?

Regards Cazzesman

Edited by cazzesman

I used windows 10 pro, with AO (extreme settings), Fidelizer and process lasso. The step up in sound quality was considerable.

Then Windows 10 broke my driver support and I was forced to install Linux and use Snakeoil - it’s better than all of the three above and free*.

*If you do use it and like it, give the man a contribution.