Sign in to follow this  
Janjuc

Super Tweeter Repair

Hi,

Does anybody know somewhere that does repairs on super tweeters, the brand is Grant.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

JJ

Look online for speaker repairers and also spare parts for those tweeters. 

If parts are are still available usually the tweeter dome and coil assembly around it can be removed and replaced, otherwise the break in the small wire might be reconnected.

It is a ribbon tweeter and it may  need a replacement ribbon from Grant Fidelity or the Australian agents. Check all the connections and the crossovers for continuity just in case the fault lies elsewhere. Further investigation reveals that the production of this Super tweeter has ceased.

Edited by VanArn
Additions

It appears that the Grant Fidelity tweeter uses a  LCY twin ribbon module. These can be obtained from Madisound, you will have to decide which one is the closest to your ST 100.    http://madisound.com/pdf/printcatalog/LCY.pdf                                                                        

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hirographfx
      Hi Stereonetters,

Today I purchased for NZD$1 (deemed as E-Waste) two Tascam 112R MK II Cassette Decks - I am looking for someone in NZ that can assess and repair at least one of them. One of decks powers up but when I play a tape it goes into Record Pause Mode. Neither Play, FF or RW is functioning. I contacted Fred at Retrotronics in Auckland but he does not repair he prefers to buy, restore and sell his own equipment which is understandable. I am based in Hamilton New Zealand and the repairer could use parts from one to the other or repair both... after paying out $1 I'm happy to throw some coin into this job could even give one of the decks to the repairer if they want to have one for themselves...as long as I get my one up and going. Parts available from https://tascamninja.com 

Let me know if you a guy or gal up for the job, cheers William.

• By rajivr
      Item: Magnepan 0.7 loudspeakers
      Price: 1300
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Inadequate space
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, 
      Extra Info: Willing to ship interstate at buyers expense, "Couriers Please" service, available for demo in Brisbane, no returns/ refunds.
      Packaging: original included
      Specs:
      Design: 2-way quasi ribbon
      Freq. resp.: 45-20 KHz
      Sensitivity: 86 dB/ 500 Hz/ 2.83 v
      Impedance: 4 Ohm
      Dimensions: 15” w x 54” h x 1.25” d
      Trim: Natural
      Fabric: off-white

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By rock_wizard
      I know there are many stories about LCD3 drivers giving up. Mine was purchased in Europe in 2014, started having trouble with the left driver intermittently and it finally gave up couple of months ago. I reached out Audeze service, they indicated that its out of service (which I knew already) and that it would cost a whopping 598 USD + shipping to US and back. I prefer my HD800 and have not used LCDs that much, funny that HD800s are still going strong barring a cable tear and headband change and LCDs died on me. Has anyone had similar issue? Anyone got any idea if this can be repaired locally?
    • By Mikeptl
      Item: SALK SONGTOWER SUPERCHARGED SPEAKERS (MAPLE WOOD GLOSS FINISH)
      Price: $2500
      Item Condition: Immaculate (looks like new)
      Reason for selling: Used as 2nd system and new place has room for main system only
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only. Extra for shipping
      Extra Info: I have purchased the SALK speakers about 3 years ago and used as a 2nd system. It has been in storage for 1.5 years. They have less than 70 hours and barely just broken in. I have trialed many different speakers available in local shops but none appears great sound/value to my ears. I then shifted my focus to overseas direct sales and done a lot of research before I settled to buy these speakers (without listen). I was glad to make the decision and would really want to keep the speakers if room allows. I spent about $5800 AUD include shipping and tax from USA. A lot of great professional reviews on these speakers and still one of the favors for many buyers. Link for the speakers http://www.salksound.com/model.php?model=Supercharged+SongTower

RAAL RIBBON
      This tweeter does an amazing disappearing act. It is almost as if there is no tweeter there at all...just a crystal clear window into the sound. This helps create the illusion that the performers are actually in the space with you.

MAGNESIUM CONES
      The Seas W15 woofers in this design feature stiff, low-mass magnesium cones. Thus, they are able to re-create subtle detail in the midrange that other drivers simply can't reproduce. Many customers remark on hearing detail in familiar recordings that they never heard before.

Reviews below are mostly for the base version and the supercharged is the upgraded version with much better sound!

Audioholics
      http://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/salk-songtower-qwt

I rarely gush over speakers as much as I have the Salk SongTower QWTs...The imaging is very good, the bass very deep and linear, and the detail is amazing...the Salks are a very, very good speaker in a very, very pretty package.

Enjoythemusic.com
      http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0408/stalk_signature_songtower.htm

Salk Signature Sound has hit an out of the park home run with the SongTower. The build quality and performance are both top shelf. In fact, they easily compare with speakers priced at two times their quite reasonable cost of admission. What I find incredible is that the SongTower is handcrafted in the United States, yet costs less than "comparable" speakers imported from other countries

the absolute sound
      http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/audio-by-van-alstine-ultravalve-power-amplifier-salk-sound-songtower-qwt-loudspeaker-tas-204/

...one of the most enjoyable in some 30 years of audio reviewing, and enjoying the music is what this passion of ours should be all about. A four-star recommendation!

Pictures:

• By DrSK
      Hi all,

I'm new here as of yesterday. I pulled a Nagra IV SJ reel to reel tape player from a skip bin nearly two years ago.

Does anyone know of anyone in Australia or the best place to get things checked out or to just get replacement parts for some of the perished follower wheels etc?

I talked with the guys that owned it and as far as they knew it was in good order, they were just instructed to bin all gear that had not been used in recent times due to downsizing of the office. I also picked up an old B&K meter which is of interest to me (acoustic engineer) from the bin.

I'd like to get it running and try it out.