Sign in to follow this  
Janjuc

Super Tweeter Repair

Hi,

Does anybody know somewhere that does repairs on super tweeters, the brand is Grant.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

JJ

Look online for speaker repairers and also spare parts for those tweeters. 

If parts are are still available usually the tweeter dome and coil assembly around it can be removed and replaced, otherwise the break in the small wire might be reconnected.

It is a ribbon tweeter and it may  need a replacement ribbon from Grant Fidelity or the Australian agents. Check all the connections and the crossovers for continuity just in case the fault lies elsewhere. Further investigation reveals that the production of this Super tweeter has ceased.

Edited by VanArn
Additions

It appears that the Grant Fidelity tweeter uses a  LCY twin ribbon module. These can be obtained from Madisound, you will have to decide which one is the closest to your ST 100.    http://madisound.com/pdf/printcatalog/LCY.pdf                                                                        

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By arekg
      Item Condition: 9 - superb Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Moving out These speakers were purchased in 1998. They are still working flawlessly. Having decided to move, I have to part with these superb speakers.
      Original Ambience Technical booklet and set up instructions included. Demo for genuine buyers only.
      The price includes the speaker cables. The price is negotiable (within reason).

These speakers are not going to be made anymore, as the designer and their creator is retiring.
      https://www.facebook.com/carltonaudiovisual/posts/time-is-running-out-to-get-a-pair-of-these-australian-made-ambience-ribbon-louds/2241324625924305/

1800 model, 1780mm tall x 260mm wide.
      Specifications and Dimensions:
      Crimped Metal Type Ribbon.
      180mm SEAS long throw woofer.
      Rear ported bass reflex design.
      Nominal impedance 4.3 ohms
      Power handling 150watts RMS (long term)
      Sensitivity 89dB @ 1 metre with 2.83 volts input.
      Crossover 18dB/Octave @ 420Hz.
      Minimum Amplifier power 30 watts RMS/channel
      Ideal Amplifier power 100 – 150 watts RMS/channel 

• By Rolland
      Hi everyone, it's been a while since I have posted, however I recently purchased a marantz cd5005 cd for $50 in silver which had a laser pick up issue, it wasn't reading any discs, but I purchased it mainly because if this player could be repaired, it would be one of the best bargains for me. 

Note: I didn't take pictures of everything that I did, but hopefully you get what I did. 

Dismantling the player was the player and disc mechanism was the easy part. 

Getting the new laser mech ready for installation. 

As per instructions of most Sanyo laser mechanisms that I know of, the two short circuit contact points outlined in the picture above, out of the box are generally soldered together, once the assembly was done I made sure that the 16 pin ribbon cable was connected first before desoldering the short circuit contact so that it looks like the picture above where you can see two contact points. 

Then I just assembled everything back together ready for testing. 

And it's all working well, I used headphones to test the sound and is all working well with no need for further adjustment on the little pot for the laser. 

All put back together ready to play. 

The main problem was that the original laser mech had laser had gone off which I later found out was due a shredded bit of the circuit on the side of the laser mech which tells me that the player had been opened up before. But now that the player is fixed, it will be in my system for many years to come. 
    • By olegau
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Too big for my desktop Further information: 
      Adelaide Speakers Ascension Woodfox Ribbon 822SRTL Bookshelf /stand mount
      High quality woofer using an Papyrus cone, ribbon tweeter, Rose Mahogany Veneer. 
       Two years old 
      Audition welcome
      Power 120W
      8 ohms
      Sensitivity 91db
      Dimensions: 500 H x 270W x 315D mm  
      Weight is approximately 18kg each.
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Hirographfx
      Hi Stereonetters,

Today I purchased for NZD$1 (deemed as E-Waste) two Tascam 112R MK II Cassette Decks - I am looking for someone in NZ that can assess and repair at least one of them. One of decks powers up but when I play a tape it goes into Record Pause Mode. Neither Play, FF or RW is functioning. I contacted Fred at Retrotronics in Auckland but he does not repair he prefers to buy, restore and sell his own equipment which is understandable. I am based in Hamilton New Zealand and the repairer could use parts from one to the other or repair both... after paying out $1 I'm happy to throw some coin into this job could even give one of the decks to the repairer if they want to have one for themselves...as long as I get my one up and going. Parts available from https://tascamninja.com 

Let me know if you a guy or gal up for the job, cheers William.

• By rajivr
      Item: Magnepan 0.7 loudspeakers
      Price: 1300
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Inadequate space
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, 
      Extra Info: Willing to ship interstate at buyers expense, "Couriers Please" service, available for demo in Brisbane, no returns/ refunds.
      Packaging: original included
      Specs:
      Design: 2-way quasi ribbon
      Freq. resp.: 45-20 KHz
      Sensitivity: 86 dB/ 500 Hz/ 2.83 v
      Impedance: 4 Ohm
      Dimensions: 15” w x 54” h x 1.25” d
      Trim: Natural
      Fabric: off-white

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.