Market values ME pre, Weston Time Machine

6 hours ago, SMARTPLAY said:

I’ve been reading through quite a few threads but can’t seem to get a sense what my amps would be worth to put up for sale. 

Any advice for me? 

Nope. We have no idea what amps you have. ME preamps were manufactured from around 1977 through to 2003 and in 6 different variants. Later models, fitted with MC phono stages and remote control are worth considerably more than earlier, non-upgraded models. Weston Acoustics builds four different variants of the Time Machine, ranging from $2,995.00 ~ $6,995.00.

And, as usual, condition of the products, along with original packing material, manuals, etc, will make a significant difference to the value. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SMARTPLAY said:

Ok. Will do. Just to satisfy my curiosity - what are you looking for? I hoped the s/n model would contain info? They are not in my house. I can try for tomorrow.

I want to see if it has been upgraded. The rear panel power socket will tell me.

Why do you want to sell? Have you listened to it? 

Guest jakeyb77
7 minutes ago, SMARTPLAY said:

@Zaphod Beeblebrox has got me thinking... Should I keep the ME14, add an ME850 and use this for a future ML5 ? Hmmm

I am using the ME14 and an 850 in one system. Love it. Maybe just send your pre to be upgraded if necessary and enjoy. 

Guest jakeyb77
1 minute ago, SMARTPLAY said:

And are me 850 being released?

by the way - any clues on Time machine value? 

They come up but be prepared to pay $2000 - $3500