Lyra Olympos SL no.16 Cartridge and Lyra Erodion Step-up Transformer - Expressions of Interest

Guest Clarence

Guest Clarence

Item: Lyra Olympos SL no.16 Cartridge and Lyra Erodion Step-up Transformer
Price: $21,000, neg.
Item Condition: Used, however low, low hours or even 10's of minutes
Reason for selling: Yeah, weeping
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: So, Folks, I truly understand this may read a little bizarre, I am currently residing in Sydney though a lot of my life remains boxed in Brisbane, including a great deal of audio gear. Pressed for a solution to a few problems, money always seems to be at the forefront. While in Europe I was in touch with a venerable Scottish dealer who happened to want to relieve himself of said units. Well, I never ever was able to find a 4.2p or an original Connoisseur phono, so I snatched these up hurriedly. They have never been connected by myself. They are in superlative new condition other than the hours spent with said dealer until packed away by himself. I suppose, what I am looking for, is it worth approaching the Australian market with these? It seems my local fellows seem remiss to want to spend on big ticket items. On a next visit to Brisbane they may find themselves on Audiogon. I will not split the pair, they must be considered together. No. 16 of the Olympos SL indicates it was one of the unused 25 magnets found by Lyra's Jonathan Carr in Lyra stock for the initial 25 run of the Olympos SL. Any serial numbers after 25 indicate a client's magnets (used) returned to Lyra for later builds, you had to have a Lyra Parnassus to return to Lyra. This one is no. 16, a personal favour to the Scottish dealer, original new magnets. If interest was high and the price right I would need to consider letting this fabled player go to another connoisseur. The buyer would need to wait until I was again in Brisbane, I would fly back for the right buyer. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I am spread a bit sporadically thin. I would like to work this out with a prospective buyer. You will NEVER see one of these again. This is Not a cheap unit (pair), please understand what this means before suggestions. Thank you.

<< Price entry mandated above after correspondence with Stereo.net. Prior I had indicated "What do you suggest". As I said, if the Australian market cannot support a high-end component anymore I need to go Audiogon or AudioMarkt or the like for international interests. No. 16 of 25, last chance. I will fly to Brisbane for the right buyer. >> 

Pictures:

IMG_8645-sml.jpg

IMG_8646-sml.jpg

IMG_8647-sml.jpg

IMG_8648-sml.jpg

IMG_8650-sml.jpg

IMG_8651-sml.jpg

IMG_8652-sml.jpg

IMG_8653-sml.jpg

IMG_8654-sml.jpg

IMG_8655-sml.jpg

IMG_8656-sml.jpg