Weston acoustics

Both are made by Earle 

Power amp -  They need a preamp 

He also makes Integrated ( you need to read the specs on the amp - if it has inputs it’s most likely an integrated ) 

And he also makes Preamps 

Guest Muon N'

Triode and Pentode are types of tubes, a Pentode tube has more grids inside in It's structure compared to a triode, 1 and 3 respectively, but also types of circuit topologies  when talking about them as an amplifier.

Different topologies are of different efficiencies/output, and have different sound characteristics.

http://web.eecs.umich.edu/~mmccorq/diversions/introduction/

Lots of resources on the net to browse

Edited by Muon N'

Funny that. I just finished looking at Facebook where I saw another bacon related post by Earle Weston, then I come on SNA and find an enquiry about his amps. If you send him an email, include a picture of bacon and tell him you love it. I'm sure he'll give you a discount ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toothdoc said:

Oh ok I will . Probably save me spending hours of research 

Some of your questions here and on your other threads would be answered by a simple google search.

I think you would do well to acquaint yourself with some simple stereo terms and basic concepts of how things work so you can ask Earle relevant questions when you contact him.

.. and I  don't mean circuit details.  I mean what an Integrated amp is and how many speakers you can plug in etc. 

Straight talking :  I don't think you'll be able to understand the differences of one tube to another if you can't work out if the thing is a Integrated or a Power amp.  Monoblock anyone ?

• Like 1