Sign in to follow this  
Torque

SOLD: FS: Virtue Audio M5001 Monoblock Pair with Gary Dodd Tube Buffer

Item: Virtue Audio ICEBlock M5001 Monoblock Pair
Price: $850 (firm)
Item Condition: Very Good. No mods, no repairs
Reason for selling: Not suitable for my system
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank transfer, Paypal (add 3%)

Specifications:

• B&W ICEpower ASP500 Class D modules, as used by Jeff Rowlands, Bel Canto, Wyred4Sound, etc.
  • Gary Dodd Tube Buffers
  • 250w into 8 Ohms, 500w into 4 Ohms
  • XLR and RCA inputs
  • Pre-out for use with a subwoofer
  • 270mm wide x 105mm high x 240mm deep

Extra info:

Bought them here on SNA couple of weeks ago and I was planning to use them with my ER Audio ESL3 electrostatic speakers. Unfortunately, it turned out that due to impedance characteristic of my speakers these monos are not a good match for them. I have contacted Virtue Audio,

and received a confirmation, that these monos were not designed to work with speakers with such a tricky impedance curves as some of the full range electrostatic speakers have. Pity, as they are really powerfull, have "pre out" and tube buffer changes a lot. If only had a dynamic or hybrid speakers (previous owner used them with M.Logans) , I would keep them.

Local sale preferred, but can post at buyers expense. (Don't have original boxes, power cables not included in the sale).

Pictures:

1.thumb.JPG.6e4cb7a502f092d489601b7783d88e6e.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.f4c3124fa513df8ddba030483126d828.JPG

2i5.thumb.JPG.9279bb6081866ba16d1b26856ddfaaf4.JPG3.thumb.JPG.ca36df387d1419f2a048a137e9ce9491.JPG4.thumb.JPG.4a844eaee5942545955fa585e0fba900.JPG

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SHF Staff
      Item: Parasound JC1(pair)
      Location: Sydney Hi-Fi Castle Hill Shop 7/19 Victoria Avenue Castle Hill, NSW
      Price: $8,000
      Item Condition: used in very good condition
      Reason for selling: Trade In
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Cards
      Extra Info:
      Recently traded Mono's in excellent condition and a steal at this price!

Parasound JC 1 Key Features;
      Premier monaural amplifier Circuitry designed by legendary John Curl and CTC Builder Ultra-high bias Class A/AB operation Exclusive two position bias level adjustment Balanced inputs with discrete circuits and XLR connectors Vampire Direct gold-plated OFC RCA input Dual heavy-duty 24k gold-plated 5-way speaker binding posts Direct Coupled – no capacitors or inductors in signal path Complementary MOSFET driver stage and JFET input stage 18 beta-matched 15 amp, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors 1.9 kVA encapsulated toroid power transformer Independent power supplies for input, driver and output stages 18,000 μF filters for driver stage 132,000 µF Nichicon Gold Tune filters for output stage DC Servo and relay protection circuits REL and Nichicon Muse capacitors Harris hyper-fast soft recovery diodes for all bridge rectifiers Auto turn-on by 12v trigger or audio signal trigger Ground lift switch , adjustable turn-on delay 4u Chassis with rear carry handles, rack mounting kit included THX Ultra2 certified Continuous power output, 20Hz – 20 kHz:
      400 watts RMS x 1, 8 Ω
      800 watts RMS x 1, 4 Ω
      1200 watts RMS x 1, 2 Ω
      Class A power output, 20Hz – 20 kHz:
      25 watts, bias set to high, 8 Ω
      10 watts, bias set to low, 8 Ω
      Dimensions WHD = 432 X 178 X 508 each
      Weight 29.1kg each

Pictures:

• By brunoaudio
      Hi all 

i am making a new pair of monoblock ampllfiers using nos brimar 6v6g,s in pushpull for the power,in the phase and preamp i am using nos russian 6sn7s with gold grids and british ef37a. the design is based off the leak TL12.1 instead of using a gz34 for rectifer i am using a lower powered rusian version of the gz34 mainly because of the cost. the 6v6 is in the 6l6 6f6 family and because the 6f6 is a kt66 by running the cathode ristors a bit lower and a number of other changes i can use a 6v6. the output transformers are the 20 watt altronics line transformers that i have talked about here 
      and for power transformers i am going to use the beacon R08 its about 300 volts a side it might be a bit more i might use a choke but they will need to be a decent size and i don't have a decent size pair.

thanks
      Bruno 

• By anthony vinyl
      Item: VTL compact MB100 monoblocks
      Price: 2000 ONO
      Item Condition: very good
      Reason for selling: thinking of trying something different
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal( +3%),transfer
      Extra Info:
      the MB100s have a wide and deep sound - clear with heaps of tight punch. they will drive most loads comfortably with plenty of headroom. they are heavy and very well built- quite industrial. one mono is running the original VTL 5ohm output transformer, but the other runs a good quality but non-original 8ohm transformer.. i have listened to these extensively and can say that there is no variation in sound quality between the amps . if there is a negligible difference in audible output between them then it may be ironed out by using 12AU7s in one and 12AT7s in the other or via your pre but i have generally not found it necessary. these are 240V.  4 X EL34 XF2s and 4X 6CA7 EIs. i have included specific photo of scratch on one transformer .

Pictures:

• By countcrisp
      Item: Antique Sound Lab Hurricanes
      Price:  $2000
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Too many Amps
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Here are my Antique Sound Lab Hurricanes in excellent working condition. 

200w in Pentode and 100w in Triode, running 8 KT88 in each block which can be switched out to 6550, KT90 or KT 120. By altering the tubes you don't get an increase in power but alter the sound signature as all bias stays the same regardless of tube.

Pick up is very much preferred as they weight over 30kg each. Would be willing to drop off to pack n send for them to pack if required.

Have original manual also

Pictures:

• By NOT PHASED
      Item: 3 x Vincent SP997 monoblocks 
      Price: $1200for all 3, rrp is $999ea
      Condition: used, 1 recently repaired as the standby feature wasn't working
      Reason for selling: I've upgraded 
      Payment method: prefer COD as I don't have the original boxes