SOLD: FS: Rega RP6 with Exact 2 cartridge, includes a Groove Tracer subplatter and white belt

SOLD

Item: Rega RP6 with Exact 2 cartridge, includes a Groove Tracer subplatter and white belt
Price: $1200, postage included
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Upgraded
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Direct Debit
Extra Info: Original packaging included.

I purchased the RP6 new from Audio Trends.

I don’t know the hours of use on the Exact 2, about 2 years of medium usage, as I listen to digital more than vinyl, the last 3 years I have been using another cartridge.

The dust cover lid has minor scratches from cleaning, difficult to capture in a photo.

The platter has a small chip in the glass, a few millimeters deep only, refer to photo, I doubt it effects the performance, chip occurred when I was removing the platter for cleaning, the Groove Tracer subplatter has tighter tolerances than the original subplatter so it must be lifted level and carefully.

The original subplatter is included (if wanted).

Pictures:

IMG_0175.thumb.jpg.402acc5855c408971f2522d0290bf809.jpgIMG_0176.thumb.jpg.cc15546129fea213f5c61d7a39e0aa1c.jpgIMG_0177.thumb.jpg.cd4e6de8025ed1a99a1bc9a32253eb68.jpgIMG_0178.thumb.jpg.af3e50ce7be90023565c5cd2af42952f.jpgIMG_0173.thumb.jpg.55d2337a3c79aeb2acdafb813ed93c19.jpg

Edited by awayward
photos added

I thought I would add a comment about the improvements the GrooveTracer subplatter made to the RP6.

The soundstage snapped into focus with greater clarity. The noise floor drops substantially, along with surface noise, which is pushed deep into the background as it is on more expensive tables.The music gained more impact, I think mainly due the bass being more prominent with better definition, which is lacking on the standard RP6, imho.

I have upgraded to the Rega P9, I moved my Apheta cartridge from the RP6 to the P9 and was initially surprised how little there was between the two tts, I initially thought that I had wasted my money on the upgrade, but over the next few days it was clear that the P9 had a more refined sound overall, but there really isn’t a big difference.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...