3 way stand mounts , do they exist ?

If you are handy diy'er you cannot go wrong with troel gravessons 3 way classic standmounters. 

Apparently they blow away similar commercial designs costing over $10000 plus from all reports.

• Like 1

Guest Eggcup The Daft
On 4/8/2018 at 6:06 PM, Al.M said:

Yamaha Ns1000 and 5000, Spendor SP100 and PMC

44FC56A3-DF46-492B-B34C-CF0F7E39E058.jpeg

Spendor have changed their range, the SP100 is now the Classic 100 and there's a Classic 1/2 as well.

I guess there might be some ex demo SP100s around the place if you look and that change has happened here recently.

Guest Eggcup The Daft

Make a  pair of 10cm high stands and put them under a pair of Osborn Grand Monuments. Done! :)

Edited by Eggcup The Daft

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:33 PM, KeithL said:

I really liked the sound of the active version of these at the last hifi show.

And they have improved since then with better bass drivers!

• 11 months later...
On 07/04/2018 at 3:50 PM, Hydrology said:

Looking forward to hearing these Elacs in a couple of weeks....Adante AS-61

AS_61_HERO-1500x800.jpg

What was the take on these speakers? There seemed to be a lot of enthusiasm but, on release, things have been quite quiet with comments about how the speakers are picky in terms of the electronics etc. 

3 hours ago, zydeco said:

What was the take on these speakers? There seemed to be a lot of enthusiasm but, on release, things have been quite quiet with comments about how the speakers are picky in terms of the electronics etc. 

Brilliant speakers, but careful choice of amplifier is required to get the best from them. They are quite imposing from a size point of view, which I think turns some people off.

Having said all that, I'm not quite sure why there is so much hype around Andrew Jones-designed Elac speakers - the German-manufactured and designed product is and always has been leaps and bounds above his stuff. The BS403 standmounts are a fraction of the size of these things and sound amazing (or for similar money to the Adante, the active AIRX 403...)