Jeddie

My brand new Samsung Q7 has Audio Fault?

Hello all,

I just bought a Samsung Q7 65" TV in Feb.  Its connected to my digital antenna and is used for FTA only.

The issue is; the audio cuts in and out, like the person has the hiccups? It seems to only happen on 10HD or 9HD. This happened from the minute I first turned it on.

Some information

* There is no sound bar connected. I'm using the TV speakers only.

* The antenna does go into my Beyonwiz first and then loops out the Samsung Q7.

* My last TV (sony) worked perfectly connected to same antenna outlet.

* I have another TV (Panasonic) in the bedroom that is connected to same antenna that is working perfectly. In fact I had both TV's on the same channel tonight and the Samsung was skipping the audio and the panasonic was perfect?

Before I ring the dealer, anybody got any ideas?

48 minutes ago, Jeddie said:

Before I ring the dealer, anybody got any ideas?

Have you tried taking out the Beyonwiz and running the antenna cable direct to the TV?

Not all tuners are the same, so don't always expect the same result from two different tuners.

Other devices can cause interference too... like when my bluray player is on, 3 of 5 channel mux's are not viewable, but fine when it's off.

JSmith :ninja:

Can you swap the TV's over just to make sure its the Samsung and not a bad antenna connection ?

On ‎5‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, JSmith said:

Have you tried taking out the Beyonwiz and running the antenna cable direct to the TV?

JSmith :ninja:

I've taken the Beyonwiz out of the loop. The problem persists.

I'd suggest then the signal is either too weak or too strong, requiring a small amount of amplification or attenuation.

Would be best to get a signal meter or an antenna person to come and check signal levels.

Otherwise, a $30 external HD STB will possibly solve the issue...

JSmith :ninja:

Posted (edited)

I have the exact same problem with my brand new Samsung 65" MU7000. Sound randomly drops out to zero briefly on 9 and 10 HD channels on free to air AND when streaming over internet on the tenplay and ninenow apps on the TV. SD channels are perfectly OK.

Just moved house and the problem exists at both properties from the moment I turned it on. Both antennas reasonably new and in good condition. All wiring is good. New leads. New expensive powerboard with surge protection and filters on the power sockets including an antenna input and out. Have tried switching off the refrigerator and other appliances, yet the problem remains. Other TVs I have are fine. Signal quality and strength 100%. Bit-error always remains at zero. Adjusted every sound and video setting on the TV but makes no difference. Updated firmware. Retuned. Factory reseted. Alternated leads, connectors, powerpoints etc. Nothing makes any difference. At first I suspected this is a problem with the Samsung built in tuner and the way channel 9 and 10 transmit their HD signal, however...

Interesting that this happens also when streaming 9 and 10 HD content via their apps over internet on this TV, which makes it apparent this is not a reception or interference issue, but more in the HD signal and the codec or other technology 9 and 10 are using to encode/transmit data, and the Samsung does not like it. Some sort of Perceptual Noise Substitution or MPEG-4 issue? Or is the TV simply faulty?

Will try contact Samsung for support in a few days. Disappointing that a brand new Samsung UHD TV has such a problem, as the TV is very nice and easy to use. This TV uses the Samsung One Connect box to interface video and audio inputs neatly to the back of the TV. Nothing is plugged in to the box other than the antenna cable. The audio issue persists whether using the TV speakers, a soundbar, or bluetooth speakers. Can anyone offer any insight? Jeddie did you have any luck sorting it out? Will post if I make any progress or resolve the issue.

Edited by RobboRobbo
Formatting, addition.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, RobboRobbo said:

Jeddie did you have any luck sorting it out? Will post if I make any progress or resolve the issue.

@RobboRobboNo I haven't yet. I rang Samsung who advised me to update the firmware. I haven't done this yet. 

I intend to push for Samsung to come out to my place to have a look.

Edited by Jeddie
Added @username

There’s one thing with service support, if you are advised to update FW by a service representative. Do it,  otherwised the product won’t be supported, and don’t expect them to follow through if there requests are not followed through.   It’s the same goes with the politics on any service support.

I have one of these. I've had the one box replaced already. They have heat issues. Now the ARC sound to my amp drops out then back on every now and then. Some shows more than others.  I'll take more notice. I think the one box is a very weak link in these 

My issue has been resolved! A technician came out and provided me with updated firmware.

The firmware is not yet publicly available from the samsung.com.au website, as it is new and probably still receiving feedback and testing from users. The technician informed me that this issue has recently been reported by many Samsung users.

So now I have an updated firmware version 1229.9 thanks to the wonderful technician.

While my free to air 9 and 10 HD channels are now working, I still have the same issue when streaming on the TenPlay app over the internet on this TV. I have informed the technician about this and no doubt it will eventually be addressed by Samsung in future updates.

I have provided a link to download this firmware version below if it helps anyone, however please note that this is for model UA65MU7000 in Australia. If your model does not match this then you should not attempt to update using this file. I assume if your model is different the update feature would reject this file anyway. Either way, use at your own risk if you know what you are doing.

The file is a zip file and is 1.2GB in size. You will need to extract it on your PC. Inside the extracted folder you should find another folder titled 'T-KTMUABC'. Copy this 'T-KTMUABC' folder and its contents to the root directory on a USB stick and plug it into your TV. Then navigate the TV settings to Support -> Software Update -> Update Now.

Or you could have a technician visit you and have them do it all for you with the appropriate firmware for your model, or wait for the Samsung website or the TV's auto-update feature to provide it.

Download link is:
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/735821/T-KTMUABC - 1229.9.zip

Posted (edited)

Well done RobboRobbo,

I need to get in contact with Samsung.

Edited by Jeddie