Jeddie

My brand new Samsung Q7 has Audio Fault?

Oh, and it’s not unreasonable to ask/expect the retailer to pick it up. 

Going in on Sat to swap mine for the LG 65 inch 8000. 

LG use an IPS type panel with poor contrast and dark scene performance.  Even the new top of the range LG LED with full array local dimming does not hide IPS panel shortcomings. You would be much better off with a Hisense or TCL at a pinch. 

2 hours ago, pc9 said:

LG use an IPS type panel with poor contrast and dark scene performance.  Even the new top of the range LG LED with full array local dimming does not hide IPS panel shortcomings. You would be much better off with a Hisense or TCL at a pinch. 

Had a Hisense ULED. Wasn’t overly impressed. Plus the Dolby Vision and Atmos is advantageous to me. 

LG are a  'name brand' and you should get reasonable quality control and technical support with your new TV, however LG  have thrown the towel in regarding production of LCD/LED televisions.  They are still chugging out inferior edge lit IPS panels when the competition is producing more vibrant units with deeper blacks and contrast for, in some cases, a lower price.

LGs main game these days is OLEDs  so nearly all of their production investment is being channelled into this type of panel at the cost of any decent LCD products.

So I got the LG. If you were being really picky then yeah the blacks can be greyed a little. But on the whole the picture is more natural than the Samsung QLED or the Hisense ULED. Motion is handled way better for starters. I also find myself just watching rather than noticing digitisation of the picture or ghosting when moving fast. 

Most importantly the sound through my Aventage 3060 is phenomenally better using the LG than that being fed from the Samsung. 

The ARC integration isn’t as good as the Samsung was but it’s good enough. The Samsung integrates very well... when it works. Having to reset the one Connect box every day was the reason for return. 

They promised the next firmware update would fix everything so if you’re holding onto your Samsung I hope it gets fixed. The next generation had thicker optical chords and bigger one Connect boxes. The new Samsung’s have no one Connect at all. I wonder why? 

Nice to hear you are satisfied with the LG :)

Pity about the Samsung, as mine works flawlessly after the 1229 firmware update. The one connect box doesnt overheat and works perfect, I dont know which generation mine is but my box and cable appear small to me.

So after thorough picture adjustment I love the Samsung quite a lot.

Might check out LG next time though based on your feedback.

8 minutes ago, RobboRobbo said:

Nice to hear you are satisfied with the LG :)

Pity about the Samsung, as mine works flawlessly after the 1229 firmware update. The one connect box doesnt overheat and works perfect, I dont know which generation mine is but my box and cable appear small to me.

So after thorough picture adjustment I love the Samsung quite a lot.

Might check out LG next time though based on your feedback.

To be honest I would have been happy to keep he Samsung without connect issues. Glad yours is ok 

Posted (edited)

Deleted

Edited by keyse1
Sorry Wrong thread

To save creating a new topic I'll ask here.

Does anyone know how to remove the freeview pop up on channels. When you change channels and the online content appears prompting you to press a color to view additional content. 

I know you could remove it from the JS8000 but I haven't been able to figure it out on the Q9FN.

Another question with ambient mode for the weather screen how to do you change the location?

Thankyou kindly.

Posted (edited)

I just figured out the first question I had.

Settings, general, network, expert settings, IPv6 off.

No it didn't work after all. 

Edited by benz1980i

On 21/07/2018 at 10:23 PM, benz1980i said:

To save creating a new topic I'll ask here.

Does anyone know how to remove the freeview pop up on channels. When you change channels and the online content appears prompting you to press a color to view additional content. 

I know you could remove it from the JS8000 but I haven't been able to figure it out on the Q9FN.

Another question with ambient mode for the weather screen how to do you change the location?

Thankyou kindly.

For my model you can turn if off by doing the following:

Settings -> Broadcasting -> Expert Settings -> HbbTV Settings -> HbbTV Off