Sign in to follow this  
Tweaky

Amazing new VR experience on Sony PS4

The Sony PS4 VR headset just got what might possibly be the best VR experience you can have ATM.

The Wipeout Omega Pack, fast Anti Gravity racing got a FREE VR update on Wednesday night, and unlike other VR games, this one is the full on VR experience.

If you own a Sony VR headset, trust me, get this game from the PStore if don't have it already [pretty sure it's on sale well under the original $50 release price]

By the way, I'm getting info from a member of the PS4 Wipeout Omega Pack community saying that it's possible to play this game with a steering wheel.....I'll report back if I find that's true.

A couple of YouTube reviews, the first is a sot of OH WOW sort of review, but shows you what it's like, the second is a far more detailed tech review.

Damn I better go get this game. I got VR (the old one without HDR passthrough) for Battlefront's Rogue One add on..

Wonder if it has steering wheel support

I'll grab this tonight. Bought the VR headset about a year ago and rarely use it. I also have a steering wheel set up so feedback on that would be awesome @Brisbane HiFi @Tweaky

2 hours ago, blybo said:

I'll grab this tonight. Bought the VR headset about a year ago and rarely use it. I also have a steering wheel set up so feedback on that would be awesome @Brisbane HiFi @Tweaky

It never got the steering wheel support.....not surprised really, as it was a remaster of a old game, that itself was remade from a PSP Wipeout game.

It was actually a FREE game a few months ago if you were a PS+ member.

TIP: Look INTO the corners, and keep your head moving.....same goes for any VR racing game if you want to keep nausea at bay.

The funny thing is if you try the fastest speed class, which is Phantom of the HD/FURY portion of the game, and A+ speed on the 2048 portion of the game in normal 2D you might find it impossible to manage, but if you try it in VR mode, it seems slower.

If you want a VR racing game with steering wheel support, get Grand Turismo Sport, but be prepared for a BIG download, currently at V1.48, it's just over 100GB, they having been adding new Cars /Tracks/Race types etc about every 40 - 60 Days since release, hence the file size.

It's a limited sort of VR compared to Wipeout Omega Pack, as you can only race against a single AI opponent, and no VR online racing, but if you want to race Mount Panorama in VR, this is the game that has it.

Omega is the Best VR game for both looks and replay ability, I think MOSS would run a close second just as a fun VR title, with ASTROBOT coming third.

The VR Horror genre doesn't appeal to me, but it must appeal to a lot of others as there seems to be a lot of these types of games at the PStore.

Like you I seldom use my VR helmet {I've got a V2], two reasons for that, one I were specs and wearing them and the helmet is a PITA, secondly I find my VR helmet steams up quite easily in the warmer months, combine that with the specs and I tend to just not bother.....plus those stupid ear buds are useless even if they do stay in more than a minute, so I use the helmet with the surround sound. speakers.